Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Waste oil burner for garage heat?
1. Make a box open on the top:
a. W = 12"
b. H = 10"
c. L = 18"
2. Make a lid that will drop into the box.
a. Rake the leaves.
b. Dry the leaves.
c. Mix the leaves with:
i. waste oil
c. Insert the mix into the box (now we'll call it a mold).
d. Now slip the cover onto the mix and put a cinder block on the top.
e. It'll press the mix down to the shape of the mold.
f. The oil will soak into the leaves.
g. The wax harden.
4. Now you've got a "homemade" Presto log...
5. Works with newspaper, straw, stubble, sawdust, etc... just about anything you can bind with the wax and will absorb the oil.
6. Burn it in any ol' regular coal or wood stove.