Got any hangover fixes? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Got any hangover fixes?

Hello Folks,
I just happen to be nursing a miserable hangover today, and was wondering what everybody does on these "sick" days to feel better. I was doing great for the first half of the evening, just taking my time with some beer, but as my common sense weakened, I began a punishing assault on my body with Vodka lime and sodas, ugggh! Now toady, I'm useless. I've been eating greasy crap all day, which usually makes me feel better, but not this time. Just wonderin what y'all do? [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Rembrant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 03:23 PM

Re: Got any hangover fixes?

I try to fall back asleep, if not then I grab some good western movies and watch while I sulk and feel like shyt.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 05:43 PM
krazykracker

I just drink some more, I know it sounds crazy and the first one is alittle rough, but it makes me feel better. Maybe I'm just a lush [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2002, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

pitviper
Good call man, I went digging through my old VHS movies, looking for The Wild Bunch , but found The Gumball Rally and decided to watch it instead. So laying around and sulking worked OK...LOL, but I'm starting to come around now. Its a nasty cycle...LOL.
Rembrant
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 08:33 AM
Addict

I just take it easy and relax and don't do anything maybe take something to ease the head ache [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 10:59 AM
Keyboard Implanted

when i used to drink i would get up in the morning and drink clamato mix (plain/straight) and eat some sliced hard salomi.....your out back and chopping wood by noon!

COOL HAND LUKE
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 11:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

drink pepsi

it works wonders. so does passing out on a plate at ur gf's company's christmas party.

theo
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 02:43 PM

I always drink lots of water if possible - cleans out the impurities (the booze). You end up going to the WC a lot, but it's worth it. And go ahead and puke if your body tells you that it wants to - you'll feel better if you can rid yourself of the toxins - and then brush your teeth [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 09:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i would be careful about water. all depending on what you drink. with liquor water will remoisture alcohol and make you feel like crap all over again. believe me, i wasn't all that bad until they gave me water and that was the end of my day. with beer water works. a hangover is caused by th elack of moisture in the brain by alcohol absorbing it. if u drink a large glass of water before going to bed, your brain will have the fluid and you usually feel better. my .03 i might be wrong but this is how it usually works for me.

Theo
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2002, 01:57 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I hate to be the party pooper on this one, Lord knows I have had more than my share of hangovers from abuseing large quantities of alchol, but the one and only true cure for hangovers is "Don't drink in the First place". Of course if you do not feel this is an apropriate option for you and you feel an unresistable urge to wreck your stomache, liver, kidneys and brain cells, then get ahold of the oxygen bottle and take a good wiff off of it every little bit or so, it really helps to rid yourself of the headache. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode