Sports Cards Price Guides - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Sports Cards Price Guides

hey guys, anyone collect baseball or basketball cards? i was just going through my old collection and checking out price guides online. what's a good site to check out for price guides?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 11:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Sports Cards Price Guides

Oh man, I use to collect baseball and football cards all the time. Of course I stopped collecting about 10 years ago but I got some decent ones. I got quite a few Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Mattingly, Fernando Valenzuela, Carl Yaz., Bench, Payton, Randy Johnson rookie card,...and more. Not only sports but when I was young I also collected cards from The Transformers and Garbage Pail Kids [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Also have a good collection of 1st generation Transformers and He-Man [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] .I also got a few hockey cards, but never got into basketball cards though. Oh yeah, dont know any online price guides.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

i've been looking for some G1 Transformers!! ebay has some...$$$ [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

use to play with those all the time...transformers, gi joes, he-man, stmopers...do you remember Stompers? those little battery operated cars and trucks, with working lights??? those things were awesome! my counsin, sister and i would stay up sooooooooo late driving our trucks around [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] hmm, i think i'm going to loook for those again. our biggest problem when we played with them is the batteries. we were poor little children who went through batteries like mad. and each vehivle only took one!! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!! I FOUND THEM!!!! Stompers
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 12:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Never heard of Stompers and toys were my life when I was a kid. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] 1st Gen. Transformer are awesome. I kept every single one of them. I dont remember the names but a few are both red and the blue Lamborghini, purple and black fighter jet, few insecticons, constructicons, cliff jumper and more I cant name. Now as for He-Man...some that I have that I can remember are He-man, Skeletor, Beastman, Merman, both cats, Orko, Man at Arms, TwoFace, also have Castle Grayskull, The Horde. Theres more just cant remember. Also...I still have my Go-bots, not as popular as transformers but still cool. Also have early 80's Star Wars action figures....Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, Han Solo, Ewoks, Imperial Gaurds plus more. I still have my 1980's G.I. Joes figures. I'm glad I kept all my toys! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 06:55 AM
Veteran

I used to play "He-man Happy Hour" at a college bar if that counts for anything. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hey it was the 80's, we were desperate for entertainment [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

During the cartoon, every time they said the word "He-man" you were required to take a drink. It was a real b!tch when they would sing their little song that said his name about 10 times in 30 seconds. Needless to say, I don't remember much about He-man [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 07:24 AM

me and my brother have some (g1) and he is a pronouned expert on basketball cards, ill ask him what price guide is good to use, he has a whole book shelf with photo albums dedicated to his collection
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 10:39 AM

I used to collect card as well. I still have all of them tucked away somewhere at my parents house. As far as other toys I used to have pretty much every transformer and he-man figure there was, but I lost them all in an attic fire my sophomore year of high school. It really sucks because a lot of them would be worth money now.

Anyone watch the new He-man and Transformer cartoons on the cartoon network. I've watched a litlle bit and I got to say they just aren't as cool as the originals.

I hope I get the Transformers season 2 box set for Christmas from Santa!!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 12:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats prett funny Jax. Never heard of He-Man Happy Hour, but then again I was only about 7 when the original He-man was on.

Yeah, the new He-man and Transformers cartoons just arent the same. But they still show the '80's version G.I. Joe on comedy central. I think you can go on Ebay and find the entire cartoon series of He-man and Transformers...80's version too. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 12:18 PM

I have a bunch of cards I just bought at an auction for dirt cheap. (like $3 for 3 cases full of cards) There are cards from baseball, football, and basketball. I have no idea what they are worth but I am sure there are a couple of cards that are more than the $3 I paid.

I would like to know the value of these cards also. If anyone finds out a place or website on card prices it would be greatly appreciated.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

He-Man Happy Hour - sounds interesting [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] hmm, anyone got any current games?? [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode