Emergency 51 & others - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Emergency 51 & others

A few years ago, TV Land played Emergency 51, Adam 12, and several other of the old TV shows. Those were some of my favorites. Now, whenever I go to TV Land, I see Andy Griffith or Leave it to Beaver. I am sorry, but these shows are not interesting to me at all.

With all of the channels available, has anyone come across these old shows?

Emergency 51
Adam 12
Six Million Dollar Man - favorite of all time!!!
A-Team
Mission Impossible
Stirke Force - Robert Stack (early 80's?)
Quantum Leap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 10:45 AM

Re: Emergency 51 & others

Yoter
He he he he, Emergency 51, was that the one with Johnny Gage, and Roy DeSoto? I remember that one....I think. I wouldn't mind seeing ol Steve Austin again either, but I'd much rather see some old "Fall Guy" episodes, if I'm to see Lee Majors. I haven't seen most of those shows in years, but I caught the last half of "The A Team" the other day, I think it was on TNN....but not sure, it was either TNN or TBS. I still watch Magnum if I'm home from work early enough...but I'm just about as sick of it as the Dukes.
I wouldn't mind seeing that show "Hardcastle And McCormick" again, I remember liking that, however, I don't think it lasted very long.
hey, BTW, does anybody remember that offshoot from the Dukes? called Enos or something....the deputy had his own show there....am I dreaming? [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Rembrant
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 08:12 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I would watch em here and there myself. It's just "Emergency", though. No 51 behind it. I could go for a little fall guy action as well. One I would really like to see is "Code Red". It too was a L.A. fire dept. related show. And, altough they are little corny, the old "lost in space" shows would be nice.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 10:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

haven't seen Emergency in a while, but the A-Team is on twice a day on DirecTV in Los Angeles.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Yes, the Fall Guy was a great show. I would like to see that one again too.

Going back to "Emergency", I see, to recall it had several names. "Emergency", "Emergency 51", and "Emergency One". I could very well be wrong though.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 08:58 AM

The show I would love to see again is "Starsky & Hutch". If anyone remembers that show I'm sure they will agree. It was one of the first shows that got me to watch T.V. I think I might be dating myself with that one.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 09:35 AM
Keyboard Implanted

as far as the dukes go.....they had a contract dispute at one time and the "duke boys" walked out. they then brought in the news guys for one season and ran the shows saying that they were the duke boys cousins. i once did a report on the show......boy did they ruin alot of cars
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Aprentice

The A-Team is on TNN.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 12:09 AM
Mud in my Veins

coy and vance sucked! there'll never be another pair like Bo and Luke! damn, it was the worst day of my life when TNN stopped rerunning the Dukes [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i saw a special on the Dukes one time and they said they wrecked so many Chargers that they eventually ran out of junkyard cars and had to buy them from people driving them around on the street! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 05:46 AM

MuddyBronco,
Thats a fact, they said in the course of the show they has destroyed over 300 '68-'70 chargers, and by the end of it had run out of cars to use....he he he, apparently they were actually driving around parking lots and malls loking for them, and even leaving notes on peoples windshields asking to buy their cars...LOL. Don't know if you've noticed, but on some of those later shows with Coy and Vance, some of the jump scenes are actually fake cars.....Really, like mini shots of plastic cars......now thats bad! Shoulda left the lookalike cousins back on whatever farm they came from.
Rembrant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode