tv shows on TLC - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

tv shows on TLC

anyone catch that show about the history of the 4x4? what other shows are on there that catch interest of our kind.
junkyard wars
full metal challenge
anything else?

theo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:58 AM

Re: tv shows on TLC

There is a great show that I saw for the first time last week. It is Monster Garage. It is with Jesse James, the bike builder. They do cool stuff like turn a mustang 5.0 into a 90mph lawn mower. They turned a limo into a water cannon fire truck. That cannon shot over 140ft....

btspyder
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:58 AM
Mud in my Veins

I like the old Junkyard Wars the best, specifically the original ones made in Pomgolia. That's England to you non-savvy.[img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I don't mind the US made ones with Cathy in them, but the new, all US ones are a bit blah for me.

I do like Full Metal Challenge. Henry Rollins is gonna burst a vein one of these days.[img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 01:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Have you caught full metal challenge yet its pretty cool. sunday and wed. night on TLC check it out.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Monster Garage on Monday night is my favorit then Junkyard wars then full metal chanllenge. I think FMC would be cooler if they did something different for the obstacles instead of the same thing all the time.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 10:51 PM
Mud in my Veins

History Channel runs "Modern Marvels: Monster Machines" sometimes, it's pretty good, from gravedigger to earthmovers. the FMC Wetropolis is my kind of deal, hopefully it'll start getting rutted out and turn into a bog fest [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

dont forget the TNN lineup... Horsepower TV (been very rice-filled lately), Popular Hotrodding TV (very cheesy), Trucks!, Two Guys Garage (aka Shadetree Mech aka Crank & Chrome), and of course Monster Jam whenever it's in season [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

back in the day TNN used to have the mosnter trucks races with tough truck competition whish was the best. Monster trucks are cool but I loves the tough truck competitions.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Mud in my Veins

mnorby, they still do, but it's out of season right now. used to, they'd run Swamp Buggy racing in the off-season, but that sport seems to have lost interest since the 80's, at least on TV [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i agree, those pro-arena trucks are fun to watch.... nothing like 1ton axles, 8" of lift, and 31" tires [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 05:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

monster garage had some pretty decent trucks on the other night, they had some big poser show trucks too. In the show the turned a tracker into a hot air ballon. They almost killed the old guy that was suposed to be their advisor when he kept screwing them up. Good stuff.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 07:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

"whats that, oh no their passing a mud pit. I guess the race is on hold until they get their trucks dirty."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode