Christmas shopping is done! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Christmas shopping is done!

well i dont know about you guys but this year i decided not to wait intil the last minute to do all of my shopping. today i finished my shopping and got about 90% of it all wrapped (much thanks to my girlfriend on the wrapping).

i found a cool mountain climbing gear place about an hour away from my house that sells pretty cool sweatshirts (on Michigan State University campus) and did alot of my shopping there. i now found that you can just order them online. www.moosejaw.com they have all kinds of stuff but i love their clothes. half the people on my list are getting a sweatshirt and then some other crap too. just thought i would let you know.....especially if you haven't even started yet.
-oh yeah....the shipping is free on clothes right now. (maybe shorts disappeared because she shopped until she dropped?) hmmmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 11:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Christmas shopping is done!

everyone cept my gf has been done since november 11. all wrapped up and ready to go
gotta pick up a layaway for her gifts by dec 11, wrap and i'm done.

can you fedex a kitten?

theo
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

wow.....that is amazing, nov 11th is nuts! however good job on that one. i have 4 gifts coming in the mail but they are bought so technically im done. then wrap em and watch the roads get worse and people scramble. gotta love it all in the snow too.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 06:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well it took some doing. alot of catalogs, sales, etc. i figure out april-nov what i want to get everyone and it starts from there. pick up little stuff around here in the next 2 weeks for stocking stuffers.

theo
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i went to the mall with my girlfriend and when she would talk about how badly she wanted something i would sneak it to the counter. then pay by credit card and they will ship it to your house for free.....so i bought all the stuff she wanted but never walked around with a bag and she has no idea. it works great......then after christmas she always says, wow you remember it all! i just smile not remembering what i even bought.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:27 PM

I got my sister, mom, dad, "mom-in-law", "dad-in-law", a various step "parents-in-law", and my girl friend's gifts done as of the friday before last. The cool part is that I only spent around $30 on all of it. I used my $80 safety bonus from work for most of it and with some creative thinking, only had to shell out that much more. I listen to what all my girl friend likes, and hints about, then I think and think and think about which one I should get her, then I just get her something from the heart. This year (I hope she doesn't read this), I got her a customized car tag for her car. I spent probably 2-3 hours on the computer designing a custom graphic for her, took it into a custom sign shop and had them make it up. All for about $15! Cheap, but I think she will love it more than anything she hinted about because it's a one of a kind.

Sorry for the length, but I've been DYING to brag to someone! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

that is smooth.....she wont even think about the cost, but only the fact that its all hers and only from you, plus all the time invested. way to go.....touche. i cut down on the cost this year and still spent $140ish on my gf. i told her im broke, and she said how can you afford all this truck stuff then? hermmmmmm, what to say to that.......
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 09:11 PM
Addict

Yea got my 70 year old dad something that just blows him away. I got him a dvd player. He saw them at the local wal-mart and could not belive the pic and sound. I can't wait until he opends it on x-mas day. My mom got her a gift cert.for her hair perm and color. I got my girl friend a trip to JAMAICA for x-mas. I am done,all is well...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 01:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

$$$ in an envelope!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 09:32 AM

Just went out and got the wife a pair of diamond stud earings. I hope she knows the diamonds for women are like craftsman power tools for guys. I could get a nice Miter Saw for the same price.

btspyder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode