Forum member not sending item bought from him? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 07:06 PM
rwt101

Forum member not sending item bought from him?

This may not belong here but I will try . Ibought an item from a member of this forum and it das been a month and no item or no refund. He will not answer my e-mail to him. What would you suggest?
Bob T [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 09:51 AM

Re: Forum member not sending item bought from him?

did he take your money ? if so i would try to contact him a couple of more times just to be sure nothing is wrong (death in family , out of town ,new baby etc.)if they still dont reply then i would post his name and what happened all over the forum for all to see. those sort of people probably dont care about getting flammed but at least you might prevent someone else from falling victim to the guy....just a thought... Von Warner
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 01:17 PM

I second that. Give him a chance to defend himself, and if he can't (or doesn't), then the moderators should ban his IP address from this site.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 04:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

the problem with banning his IP is that he can change it and get right back on under a new name. Trust me on this, I know for certain it can be done. I would send PM's to the mods and admins and see if they cant track this guy down for you, did you send a check, money order? Stop payment if possible and if it is a sizeable sum you can always look into fileing charges, internet fraud is a crime too.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 07:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The "family emergency" thing doesn't even fly with me, how long does it take to shoot a quick PM to let the buyer know that you need some time. Once you take someones money you have a responsability to them to deliver, or at least keep them updated.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 11:06 PM

true, i'd be ticked too, but try to give him the benefit of the doubt. this same situation happened over on another board. well, the guy got flammed, ragged on, his name got drug through the mud. as it turned out, the guy had gotten in a really bad motorcycle accident and was laid up in the hospital for a little while. so, i know, long shot, but then again, you never know what's going on in someone else's world.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 04:13 AM
Mud in my Veins

apparently they have now been in contact and the item in question was shipped on nov 30, though it was still MIA on Dec 9... any update for us so we can stop worrying? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode