Fun topic of women and relationships - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Fun topic of women and relationships

So, for the past while, me and my G/F have been going down each other's throats. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] It's always about pointless stuff, but always ends in VERY harsh and very mean conversations/arguments. We've been together a year and some change, and it's been bad a lot of that time. How do you know when enough is enough? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I know there's no point in staying together, but boy is it hard to give up and move it. I hate relationships for this very reason. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] For some reason, I like to stay in bad relationships just because it's comfortable and I get scared/nervous about what I'll do once they're done. Am I the only one that does this or has done this? [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 05:49 AM

Re: Fun topic of women and relationships

i think its a natural response for a lot of people to stay in bad relationships. its a lot easier to stay than to go . i have been there and i was reluctant to get out for that same reason . when i finally did get out i found the most perfect women in the world and i married her . there are good ones out there you just have to look a little and dont be afraid to get out of a relationship that is unworkable. good luck... things do get better ...Von Warner
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 09:34 AM
Keyboard Implanted

how often do you see each other? i have been with my g/f for 3 years and change now and sometimes we both get a little antsy but you just say ok lets not see each other for a couple days. then in those couple days you will either think of all the good things you love about her and miss her or you will only think of how relieved you are to not have to see her or be around her. depending on how you feel it will tell you if you should be with her. good luck
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 10:07 AM

well, if you know the relationship isn't going anywhere, then thats a pretty good indicator that its about time to break it off. if you start to wince at the thought of seeing her or start wondering "i wonder how today is going to go", then yeah, you should break it off. you'll eventually get to the point where you just say, you know what? i just don't wanna do this anymore. then, you just gotta walk away.

...someone once told me, to ask yourself this question: "can i live with this the rest of my life?" ....did i say it right andrew??? [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

anyway, yes, i think everybody gets antsy and tries to make a bad relationship work. a lot has to do with not wanting to be alone again. i've been through that. its normal to not want to break up, you become emotionally attached and use to being with someone. but, is it worth being unhappy? no, its not.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 06:57 PM
Mud in my Veins

Hmmmm..............that someone Shorts mentioned seems to be myself. I had a 2 year and change relationship with a gal that really I shoulda ended far sooner then I did. As she points out, at some point you just have to ask yourself, "is this what I want to have to deal with for the rest of my life?" I asked myself that and the answer was no. As hard as it was I ended it. My dating and social life hasn't been the most pleasent since then (last Feb), but then it never has been[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], and I do feel I made the right decision. The stresses of being single are a bit less than being with someone who you don't like and drives you up the wall.[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

That said, being single is only cool for so long.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] My own personal whine:

Being single and hoping and trying really hard to be with someone who means a whole lot to you, but is never quite "ready" for "it", is pretty bad.[img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 11:07 PM
Addict

Easy just ask your self if you want this the rest of your life. This kind of behavior will carry over into your marriage. As long as you stay with her and are not happy you may be missin out on the one that will make ya happy!
Grow some stones if you not happy time to move on..

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] THATS MY STORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 01:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

From what you say it sounds to me like this relationship is already over. So you might as well move on, and have a positive attitude about finding a relationship that works.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Thanks for all your responses. It's been hard. We broke up, but doesn't feel like it. We still talk about working things out, and still act like we're together, but then we also still fight over useless things. It's very hard! It's hard to stay together, but at the same time, it's almost harder to think of being alone, especially if you don't have a ton of other people to hang out with to keep your mind busy. I've asked myself the question if I could stay with here the rest of my life...and it's always come to no, I couldn't. But then I feel like I could if we didn't fight. I remember when I was single. It sucked for a the first 4 months, but was actually pretty cool. Then I got back into a relationship and now I'm scared to go back. Scared of what I'll do with my free time and who I'll hang out with. Anyway, I'm kind of rambling, just hate doing this stuff. Thanks for the support though!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 05:25 AM

you will be fine .... keep your chin up and dont let yourself get into that "poor me " mode . my ex wife and i were the same way. when we split i found myself wondering wondering would it have been like if only she would have tried to share some of my interests and stopped fighting with me. i always came to the conclusion that she wasnt going to change and neither was i. hang in there ......Von Warner
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 09:22 AM
Mud in my Veins

Eh, you're just in the "post seperation phase". I still talk to the female I mentioned earlier too. You just have to remember why you broke up, and try not to do anything you will regret.[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

If you want a laugh, yesterday afternoon I drove an hour south to Kalamazoo, MI to take a gal on a blind date. Sorta set up by a friend of mine. Thing was stone cold dead within the first 15 minutes. Just nothing. I think the main reason both of us actually went out and did anything was we were trying to be polite to the other.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Then to top it all off, I had to drive home through white out conditions on the highway. 4hi and 25mph for a while. Almost got ran over by a Greyhound driver who didn't seem to care or realize how bad the conditions were.[img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Anyways, [bleep] happens, live your life and get over it.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It sucks, but life tends to.[img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode