You think people would learn - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

You think people would learn

I was reading a 4x4 Mag in study hall today, i saw a 91 Chevy 1500 in the reader ride section. It had a SFA swap...with a 10 bolt [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] then it had an ungodly amount of lift, 44 inch ground hawgs, axle ratios of 3.73 and only a 350, i wanna know how long it takes that guy to get up to speed, and how many 10 bolts have Exploded... course could be worse, a huge whiplash IFS lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 05:07 PM

Re: You think people would learn

Ah, haha i saw that, its in the december issue of Four Wheeler. If you read the tidbit on it, it actually says 'somehow standing up to the 44" Groundhawgs are 10bolt axles' [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] now thats funny! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 01:05 PM

The problem is that people see it in the magazines and think it must be safe and good - the magazines should be more responsible in showing properly-built trucks instead of the ones that merely look cool and sell lots of aftermarket products.

I understand the need to keep advertisers happy, but there's a point when it's detrimental to readers who don't know all the important details of vehicle modification.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 03:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

y don't u write to the editor? maybe u'll get ur letter in?

theo
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 03:54 PM

I should write to the editor, but I'd start biatching about so much other stuff, that they'd think that I was some sort of crackpot and chuck out the letter. I get so frustrated reading 4x4 magazines because there's so much mis- and dis-information in them. So much of what they write is just personal opinion, but they push it off as factual.

It bothers me when some of them say that bigger is always better - but I won't go on about that because I know that some of you guys actually believe it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 04:43 PM

I work in the finacial industry. The same thing happens there too. Mags like Worth magazine giving advice on various muutal funds and whatever else that they(the writer) has no intention of putting his money there. There are many other things that happen, but too many to list. Just be aware when making investments. The kick is, the guys that write these articles may work for several mags. For instance, the guy that came to our company to do an interview was also a writer for Rolling Stone. It was just another gig as far as he was concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode