Has anybody used Chicgo Electric power tools? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Has anybody used Chicgo Electric power tools?

Here's what I'm looking at specifically. I would only need to use this tool 2-4 times a year(aprox.) Do their tools wear out quickly? Is it worth it to spend the extra $80 and buy the Dewalt. I also saw a Milwaukee for $149 too.
Thanks,
Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 07:43 PM

Re: Has anybody used Chicgo Electric power tools?

Most are cheap knock offs. But I have to say.........
I have a 4 1/2" grinder that I have used and abused for around 8 years that is still kicking a$$. I think it was worth the $20-21 I gave for it. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 10:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got what is probably the same 4˝" grinder mentioned above, and it rocks. I've also got their 90 amp AC welder,that works great for small jobs that aren't worth dragging the big boy out for, and also a jigsaw that's been kicking for quite a while. The only trouble I've ever had with any of them was that the grinder and saw were a little cheap with the lube and needed a snort added early on.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 11:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have had pretty good luck with their power tools. If you are only going to use it a couple times a year just buy the cheap one but tell the wife you had to spend all the money to get the buffer just to buff HER car. Then take the extra money and buy some extra tools while you are there.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I have had pretty good luck with their power tools. If you are only going to use it a couple times a year just buy the cheap one but tell the wife you had to spend all the money to get the buffer just to buff HER car. Then take the extra money and buy some extra tools while you are there.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, I had been looking at that grinder too. That's where the extra money will go plus a few other toys [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the input.
-Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode