Scored someChiltens manuals today for FREE! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Scored someChiltens manuals today for FREE!

<font color="blue">The local Library system has a book sale every year, where they get rid of books and stuff they don't want anymore, and for an hour, on the last day of the sale before they pack up, you can go in a take whatever you can carry off for FREE!! (Otherwise they would go to the dump since they didn't sell [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].) So as I'm wandered through I found several (I think around 10, I need to go count them.) Chiltens manuals for various things so I took them [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I don't have a single veichle that any of them are for, but I took them anyway, because I just couldn't stand for them to get tossed in a dumpster along with all the other "lesser" [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] books.
So tell me, am I a pack rat for getting them when I don't need them? Or did I do a good thing saving them from an bad end? </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 10:49 PM

Re: Scored someChiltens manuals today for FREE!

hmm, you should packed thr truck up, bring it all back home, and one word...EBAY [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Mud in my Veins

yeah dude, you could probably make a fortune on half.com since people are looking for the strangest things are are willing to pay money for them too [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 05:47 PM
Mud in my Veins

You did a good thing man, books are knowledge, and it hurts me every time I see libraries do that. I can understand their thoughts behind it, but ack, to much like book burning for me. "Useless knowledge" is an oxymoron.

I scored like 40 of these books on WWII from my High School Library 2 years ago. Actually my dad got them for me, but I have them all now. I look at a few of them every great now and then, but they're MINE dammit. MINE![img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Long shot, but none of those manuals covers a 99 Dodge Ram 4x4, do they?[img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

<font color="blue">Drey, EBay and I don't get along to well [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Although I'm sure I could make a pretty penny off a bunch of stuff from those sales. (This sale was in a High School gym, 4 full size Basketball courts coverd in tables and tables of books. all the leftovers of which went to the dumpster [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].)
AJM. Nope nothing that new. I think the newest book I got is for 88-92ish fuel injected europeon cars [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. One really cool one is for 70-76 trucks, it even has stuff one GM's big V6's! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode