NO WAY! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

NO WAY!

so my brother is a captain in the army, and he calls me the other day from kosavo. he knows about me and trucks and his truck is left behind (currently in germany). so he proceeds to tell me that he has been driving around kosavo in his generals suburban. it weights 8 tons because it is completely armored, has 2" plus thick bulletproof glass, tires that cant be deflated, and some huge beefed up 454. he said even with all the weight, it still flys.
- i am so jealous that i just had to share, however they ended up next to a riot where a mob was throwing anything they could find at the kosavo police for arresting a man. not too jealous of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 02:42 PM

Re: NO WAY!

That doesn't sound like really sensitive information, but I doubt that the US Army would want this topic to be discussed on the Internet - they like to keep their cool trucks to themselves.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 07:16 PM

Yknow, i always wondered why the military got the cool puncture-proof tires and the civilians didnt. Think if all the accidents that wouldnt have happened if everyone had those tires!

In reality though, i doubt id be able to afford a vehicle equipped with them, as theyd probably cost as much as a hummer!
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 08:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Think of all the criminals who would be able to get away from the cops and there spike strips. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 09:36 PM
wrobel

imagine the hordes of people rioting around the town burning all the gas stations because they can't afford the gas. whats a burban like that get? 2 miles to the gallon? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 11:23 PM
Mud in my Veins

Marky boy, trust me, they don't care. Especially considering the Secret Service, Army, basically anyone who wants one can buy it from the company who makes them. I forget their name, but Maxim or one of the guy mags did a 2 page diagram of the Suburbans a year or so ago.

As I recall, one of the Secret Service guys I met when Klinton was in MCAS Miramar 3 years ago said they got about 4mpg at best.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 09:55 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Marky boy, trust me, they don't care. Especially considering the Secret Service, Army, basically anyone who wants one can buy it from the company who makes them. I forget their name, but Maxim or one of the guy mags did a 2 page diagram of the Suburbans a year or so ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
I suppose that's true, but I'm related to someone (can't say who - hush, hush) who does some minor defense contracts for the Canadian military, and he cannot put anything on his products that would show in any way where the products came from. I thought it was pretty silly at the time (especially since his production line doesn't allow for any advertising-related markings on his products, even when they are sold to the general public - I suppose he could alter the production line for public consumption, but there's another cost that is difficult to swallow), but once a person thinks about it, even the most trifle little security leaks might turn into something. But I'm probably just paranoid [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i see what your saying........so to anyone who would use this against us, i was kidding.
he is really riding a 10 speed with a banana seat [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 10:42 AM

Now you got it - a terrorist wouldn't even know what a banana seat is! And on a vehicle with ten speeds! Right now they're trying to find a plan to fight the "American Banana Seat Threat."
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 11:25 PM

who had the pic awhile back on one of the chevy boards, a 02 HD army truck, lifted with 37s standard, it was one BADA$$ rig, gotta love the paint job too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode