Question for car audio gurus?...... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Question for car audio gurus?......

Hello Folks
Tomorrow I'm finally going to install a CD player in my wife's '95 Jeep YJ. The CD deck is one that I took out of my Toyota pickup a few months ago when I replaced it with a new JVC. My question is, now that its been a few months, I can't remember what the wires are for [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. I don't want to fry anything so I was wondering if any of you guys know off by heart what the wire colors are for? I did know when I un-installed it, but was a moron and didn't write them down. Its an older Pioneer deck with two 25 watt channels....which will be fine for the Jeep as it only has two crappy dash speakers anyway. The harness has a blue wire with a .5 amp inline fuse holder on it, then a yellow, orange, red, and black wire. there are two greens and two greys which would be the two 25 watt speaker channels, so those are OK. I just need to know which is constant power, which is ignition power, and which is ground? I'm sure one of them is an extra for power antenna or some krap like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Rembrant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 08:55 PM

Re: Question for car audio gurus?......

Cake:

yellow = constant
red = switched ignition
orange = dimmer
black = ground
blue = remote turn on

Oh, and in case you didn't know:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Jason
Thanks, that was quick [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I appreciate it. I fried an old tape deck one time in high school because I wasn't sure of the wires, and didn't want to ruin the deck. I just had a guy take the deck all apart for me and clean it, he also found a couple of broken soldier joints in there, so he fixed them up for me too....didn't cost me a cent, in return, I brought my timing light with me and set up his 4Runner for him. So can I just dead end the dimmer wire and the remote wire if I don't need 'em? I'll just stick a butt connector on the ends of them if so. Thanks again.
Rembrant
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Jason,
Ooops, I missed that part, you must have edited your reply did you? Are those the wire codes for the Jeep? I guess I can hook up the dimmer if I know which one it is. Thanks.
Rembrant
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 09:14 PM

Yeah, 95 jeep yj colors. And yes, you don't need the dimmer or the remote. But might as well hook the dimmer up if you know the wire right? [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode