Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   The NOT-Off-Road Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/not-off-road-lounge/)
-   -   might actually get a job (https://forums.off-road.com/not-off-road-lounge/140147-might-actually-get-job.html)

Sparty 10-17-2002 08:29 PM

might actually get a job

i got a call for my first interview today......jobs are scarce right now. this is the first positive response i have heard of. it would be airport police part-time, but it would certify me so i can switch back to GR after the frst of the year.......anyways the best part would be driving down the tarmac. bet you could get moving on there. none of my buddies have heard anything......wish me luck the interview is this wednesday.

Rembrant 10-18-2002 03:49 AM

Re: might actually get a job

Sparty
Good luck with you're interview, I posted a question here a couple of months ago asking "got any good advice for an interview" and I got lots of good responses and tips. I'm kinda on the job hunt myself, I actually sent out a couple resumes this week. I have a good job, but its time for a change. Anyhow, I wish you the very best on your interview. Don't overdress, back straight, firm handshake, keep eye contact, and use yes instead of yup. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Oh, somebody also suggested to me not to flick boogers on anyone [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Rembrant

Big10 10-18-2002 12:35 PM

I found it quite rewarding to blame farts on the guy that was interviewing me..also, mix/match your socks, like ...green...red...something holidayish, they all like that.. (j/kn)

Good luck with it!

AJMBLAZER 10-18-2002 01:24 PM

Cool man. I work at the airport. The airport police are pretty cool, I know the chief guy is cool. Has a little grey mustache if I'm remembering the right guy. They stop over on our ramp every now and then and talk to someone. We have no problems with them.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] The FAA dorks however, a few of them need to get whatever is stuck up their hind ends removed.[img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Sparty 10-18-2002 04:53 PM

thanks everyone.....i got into one of the toughest departments(GR) to get into as an intern (what im still doing now as i look for a job). and now im the right hand man to the second in command. so hopefully my 2 years of experience and political teachings will pay off. ill keep you all posted