Anyone do anything with Visual Basic? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Anyone do anything with Visual Basic?

I'm in Computer Sciences 30. Its an incredibly easy class for me so far, but hopefully it'll get better. I think Visual basic is great. I have VB6 on my computer and we use VB5 at school so if I get behind (yeah right) I can catch up at home.
Anyone else play around with it? If you know it inside and out I've got a pretty specific question for you.

I've got a list box. How do I get it so that it doesnt display list1 (or whatever the list box is named) in the box? I dont want it to say anything at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 12:42 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Anyone do anything with Visual Basic?

Wow, Visual Basic.......I take it that it's somehow related to QBasic? I took Computer Science back in the day (mid 90's[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) and got pretty good at QBasic and some of the DOS stuff.

Anyone else remember when DOS was the primary operating system? Heehee, DOS 6.22 was the shiznit![img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Then Windows 95 came out and basically made everything I knew about programming obsolete. Like how to tune a Ford Flathead v8, my knowledge instantly became pretty useless and only interesting to a select few.

By now I've forgotten most of it, so it's a moot point anyways.[img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 09:22 PM
wrobel

Re: Anyone do anything with Visual Basic?

i remember dos 3.3!

dos was the best. i was a whiz at programing the dos 3.3 Basic language, i still have my Apple IIE up in the attic, i hope the heat hasn't ruined it. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Basic was the best language, "REM move ball across screen" the "remark" (REM) command was used for just about anything, and the tags for it were so wacky. i wrote a program that would find the Distance, Midpoint, and all the other algebra formulas so i didnt have to. but the best part was, back then there was no command to do a square root. so i had to take the answer that still needed to be rooted, and display it with a capitol V before it, and also had to instruct it to place a few spaces and then an under score above it, to make it look like a square root. ah, those were the days [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

..____
.V 27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode