Who's running 15x10 wheels - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Who\'s running 15x10 wheels

i want to get 15x10's and 33x12.50r15 bfg mt's
-should i get 15x10's?
-if you have bought them would you do it again?

i have the stock 15x7's and feel that it would be dumb to put the money into wheels for one more inch. want to do the 10"s but am really looking for experience.

my friend has a 2wd lifted like mine (but sits and inch lower) and his is running the same size wheels and tires as i want too. he replaced one steering part once in like 4 or 5 years and he said it wasnt expensive. ok now let me hear it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 06:55 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Who\'s running 15x10 wheels

how bout 9 inchers? my 33's looked sweet on them and these 35's look good too... they were on the truck when i got it, i still havent seen a 9" wheel for sale in any catalogs [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I would get the 10's, if you get the right backspacing they shouldnt be much harder on your front end than 8's, and you'll then have the option of running 40" TSLs if you so desire [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

muddy, what backspacing would you recommend ?
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 01:23 AM
Mud in my Veins

what is the backspacing and width of the factory wheels? take the difference in the new wheel width and the factory wheel width and divide it in half, then add that to the original backspacing depth. that should keep the center of the tire where it originally was, though the geometry will still feel different because of the wider tire.

For example, if your original wheel was 7" wide with 3" backspacing, do 10"-7"/2 = 1.5", thus you'd need 3"+1.5"=4.5" backspacing. I dont know if this is accepted practice but it seems like a good way to factor in the extra width to me.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 11:05 PM

Yknow, i was wondering if they made a 9" rim, but ive never seen one advertised anywhere.....

I like the 8's, but my tires are 12.5 wide, and the darned things rub! I was contemplating getting a set of 15*10's, cause i figure thatd still have to move the tire out 1", since there would be less tire sticking out past the edge of the rim.
Of course, i suppose i could get a 8" rim with less backspacing, but in all reality, im just not too sure what the backspacing on these rims are anyway!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i wamt something good looking for my truck in a 15x10 that wont rub....also for a good price. but guess what, it doesnt exist. darn things.....ahhhh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode