Who here is into Videogames? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Who here is into Videogames?

I found a great site for video game reviews;
http://www.videogamereview.com/
All of the reviews are written by people who play video games for fun, not as their job, so the ratings are more objective, in most cases (as long as there are enough reviews of a perticular game). Check it out [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 11:57 AM
wrobel

Re: Who here is into Videogames?

i have Cabela's 4x4 Off-Road Adventure [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] it's really cool, you can customize (lift height, locking dif's, tire PSI, etc..) you're vehicle to the fullest extent, and you earn accessories (light bars, winches, push bars, roll bars etc..)when you complete a map. it kicks butt [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 02:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i didn't like the setup of cabellas. has anyone played that evo 4x4 for xbox, gamecube, or whatever its on?

i'm getting a gamecube, i wonder if it would be worth buying.

theo
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 06:25 PM
Mud in my Veins

I've never been into console games b/c that stuff gets expensive, but I play "1nsane" on the PC, which is an off-road racing type game with multiplayer function, and it's awesome. The physics are very realistic, way better than even 4x4 Evo (which I own but dont have installed, if that tells you something). Back home my bro and I both have PC's on a lan, and we used to play capture the flag on there all the time, it's so addictive and i'm sure everybody in the neighborhood could hear us yelling at each other when we played [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I've always liked those shoot em up games too, from Doom to Quake, and now the Urban Terror free mod for Q3A. That sucker is the devil though because it's so addictive when playing with 20 or so people, a definite GPA dropper [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 11:30 PM

I have the Cabelas game also, i like it, but havent played in in a while, im one level from beating the game. i play Gran Turismo ONE! on a regular basis, also Driver 1 or 2, i like 2 better, yes thats me the wheelman [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 05:01 PM
wrobel

i looked at the 4x4 evo games, but i dont like the racing aspect of it, i enjoy cabela's because i', not racing people, i can go anywhere i want, and do anything i want, untill i run out of gas (if i dont have a spare gas tank with me) however, i was looking at the Smugglers Run games, the seem interesting
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 07:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4x4 evo sucks, i have it but haven't played it for a long time, the part that sucks the most is that when you get something (lift, lights tires etc) everbody else gets it too, and if you upgrade your motor you will have a hell of a time keeping up with them, upgrade everything but the motor. i like the first cut scene, when you boot it up though.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i heard 4x4 evo sucked so i never even played it.....i will have to check out this cabela's game though, it sounds great.
- i am addicted to grand theft auto 3, now that it is wearing off the fourth one is going to come out. i also liked max payne
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 09:25 PM
wrobel

i have the first Cabela's, but i heard they made a second one...

grand theft auto 3: Vice looks really cool, i got bored with GTA3 too fast, i hope the 80's atmosphere keeps me entertained. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Devo rules [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 01:12 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I bought the first EVO, loved it.. Then it got boring.. The pyshics are too lame. I then bought Insane, but it runs like on my PC. I have ATV off road fury for my PS2 and it is cool. I never have tried cabelas, my friend has it and he likes it. I love I MEAN LOVE GTA3 and cant wait for Vice City. But as far as 4x4 games, no one makes one cool enough for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode