Anyone else worried about a conflict with Iraq ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Anyone else worried about a conflict with Iraq ?

I was just wondering if anyone else is wondering what the repercusions will be if we go to war with Iraq ....again . I worry that something REALLY bad is going to happen to the United States . I worry that we all will be exposed to some incureable disease and my family an I will die . I worry that our soldiers will be exposed to a deadly virus and will die . I worry that a bunch of psuedo "hippies" will attempt to convince everyone that we should live and let live. I am afraid that we will have another "vietnam" sponsered by a bunch of lowlife scumbags that have never put in one single day of hard work . (I work with a bunch of these bottom feeders and believe me, they suck pond scum.) Regardless of what all the sissies say, our country is at risk and we need to do something about it . That "turn the other cheek" B.S. might make a sissy feel good about their shortcomings, but in my eyes with issues such as this you better not wait for me to "turn the other cheek " because when I do I will be following it with a right hook!...just my opinion ...Von Warner
[img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 09:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Anyone else worried about a conflict with Iraq ?

You worry to much [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 09:19 PM
wrobel

no i agree, i am 19 and i'm worried that with all the taliban stuff, and now all this iraq stuff, we are gonna get thrown into a war with someone. but you gotta wonder if everything would turn out all right for the US. i'm always thinkin about gettin drafted nowadays. not that i have a problem with fighting for my country, but i'm not big on going to iraq and getting nerve gas shot at me, or getting anthrax... [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:03 PM
Mud in my Veins

Iraq is a house of cards waiting to crumble. All the latest intelligence says that even the Republican Guard, the Iraqi Army's highest and best units are full of disension and disquiet. Senior officers of Saddam's military and government are fleeing in droves. None of them has said the people are supporting Saddam. He kills so many people every year, it's hard to beleive he has any kind of experience in his government or senior military leadership. He kills people to keep others in line. He has no Air Force to speak of, Iran kept all the aircraft that flew over there, his tank force is a fraction the size it was before the first Gulf War, his Navy is non-existant, etc etc etc. Oh yeah, and he knows we will be looking for his Blue Bird motor coach this time. Last time he'd just get in it and motor off into some far corner of the desert. This time we're gonna have Predator drones flying around armed with Hellfire antitank missiles looking for him, Spec Ops guys hunting him, JSTARS aircraft radiating the desert looking for him, blah blah blah blah blah. We knock down the power grids, take out only as much military and civilian stuff as necessary, and smoke him really fast, and the people of Iraq will get the point that we aren't going after them, just Saddam. A good propoganda war right before the actual shooting war would help too. He's not well loved, even among his neighbors. No one would complain to hard if he suddenly ceased to exist. If he goes underground, we have 5,000lb penetration bombs for that.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, everyone in the region knows of Israel's threat to nuke anyone who uses non-conventional weapons against them. He fires off a chemical Scud or whatever into Tel Aviv or Haifa, Israel, and Baghdad is a glow in the dark cinder for the next 500,000 years or so. How many of you would follow orders from someone you don't like and/or wouldn't mind seeing dead, knowing that carrying them out would mean family members of your's horrible deaths? Somehow I doubt this is gonna go the way all the Liberal whiners are saying.

I have many friends still in the Marines, several of whome have been over in Afghanistan, and a lot more would be likely to go to Iraq. I myself am still in the Inactive Reserves, so should the [bleep] really hit the fan like so many doomsayers say (remember these are the people who said we'd loose the first Gulf War as well), I'm more elidgeable to go off to war than 95% of "us" civilians. My MOS in the Marines is highly useful out there in the desert. No, I'm not worried or afraid. We're the last superpower on Earth, and it's time we stopped being afraid of it and used it for some good. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [bleep] all the naysayers.

We'll kick ass and take names, install a democratic government that the people will like similar to the one that was there before Saddam took over in the late 70's, make sure the non conventional weapons go bye bye, and gain an ally of greatful people sitting on as much oil as the Kuwaitis and Saudis have. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 12:03 AM
Mud in my Veins

Consider:

As much as you think you know about the possible repercussions; the CIA, FBI, Secret Service, & the other alphabet soupers know a LOT more, and have prepared contigencies. [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] And Hussein knows it. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] He saw us blow the $#!T out of his "powdered milk" factory, and he knows we (and the rest of the world) won't put up with his crap much longer - certainly not his neighboring countries if he starts using biological or chemical weapons that will drift, seep, & be transmitted across their borders. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] He also knows that a couple of high-yield nukes will wipe out any critters he tries to deploy, and even though we've signed treaties NOT to use the old neutron bomb (anyone old enough to remember THAT one???? [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), I'm SURE the DOD wouldn't hesitate to pull out the stops if he pushes his luck! [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Then there are all sorts of other dirty tricks available to a country as large & industrialized as ours - ever hear about the whole village that was wiped out when a lake in a volcanic crater "burped" out a few thousand cubic yards of CO2 one night? We could reproduce that pretty easily without violating the Geneva Conventions or any treaties, or pi$$ing off the neighbors. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And that's just one option. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] We all know about the bombs & missiles that can be targeted onto one of his nose hairs, but few people are aware of the development of surveillance aircraft slightly larger than some insects & about as noticeable. The manned airplane was originally intended strictly for surveillance, too. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] These thing use peizolectric crystals to flap their wings - that gives you an idea of their total size & weight... There are also robots under development that are small enough to crawl into a termite colony & kill the queen, and others that can remove dust particles from supercomputers - think about the biological applications of THOSE! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Even if I'm wrong about ALL of the above-mentioned possibilities, just listen to "Live from #ell" (Sam Kinison's posthumous album) - the way he explains it will cure all your worries! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(If you don't have access to it, I just ripped it & can e-mail the pertinent segments.)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 01:43 PM
Can't Get Enough

I don't think SO Oregeon will be on the top of the list to be messed with, Von Warner. I am in the military and have a lot of weird [bleep] going on and being told to us. This will happen. When? I don't know. I worry more for anyone near a military post. The soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen and their families would be a great target right now before any conflict started. Hit Ft Hood TX and you would eliminate or cripple close to 50,000 soldiers. And 70,000 dependents. Ft. Bragg NC would be about the same thing. Worry you should, but it might not be for your famillies. It might be mine and my friends and coworkers.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Re: Anyone else worried about a conflict with Iraq

Last night while sitting at my computimitator I was listening to the news as usual , and I decided to write this post . I am not usually one to worry, because no matter how much you do, it doesnt make a differance . I guess I should have used a better word like "concerned" or something to that affect . I am very concerned about the welfare of my family the most. For those of you who are in the military and actually fighting for all the freedoms I have ,I am concerned about you and your families next .
You are the backbone of this country and without you we would not be the great nation that we are . I am not much of a bible thumper but
I do find myself whispering to god every day . I ask him to keep every american safe ,but mostly I ask him to keep our military men and women safe . We have the strongest nation on the planet, as long as our armed forces are well then all U.S. citizens will be O.K. . So whats to worry about ? Nothing, as long as we have the "baddest boys on the block " fighting for us civilians . I feel better already!! Be safe everyone out there and for you military folk I will be there when you get off that plane or boat waving my flag welcoming you home . One thing for sure if you get off the plane or boat and see some redneck beating the crap out of an anti war protester , just wave at me and I'll try to wave back in between punches ...... Von Warner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 915827-redneck&somehounds.jpg (30.4 KB, 18 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 10:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Personaly I think everyone over the age of 5, AND I DO MEAN EVERYONE, should be armed with the weapon of their choice. Would you try to attack a country where every single person had a gun? I think not. Would reduce the crime rate too. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Can't Get Enough

They tried that in Columbine, CO and In So Cal(forget the city, there are so many) and it didn't work too well.

Von Warner. You might get a hand instead of a wave.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 01:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think its time the usa starts to put its own matters into hands. froget dumping billions of dollars to foreign communities. why dont they focus on feeding the poor in its own country. y babysit every country that has a problem when we can't control our own problems? everyone whines about the defecit but that doesn't matter to bush (i like him as a pres) but spending 9 billion a day to blow up iraq right now doesn't feel so good inthe wallet.
theo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode