Whats the big deal with Krispy Kreme? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Whats the big deal with Krispy Kreme?

The first Krispy Kreme Donut shop opened in CT yesterday. They opened at 5 am and by 6 am there was a line...no lie.. a mile down the road. A father and son camped out front of the store since Sunday for the opening. They got a years supply of donuts. at 11grams of fat a piece they will be plump in no time.
During our afternoon break a generous co-worker came in with 3 dozen to share. I tried one and yes it was good..... but not good enough to wait in a mile long line!! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
They intervied a woman on TV and she got there at 6am and was still in line at noon.
I think I'd rather spend my time watching the grass grow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:56 AM

Re: Whats the big deal with Krispy Kreme?

all you have to do is undercook a donut and put a lot of frosting on it and serve it warm [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I feel left out, never been to a Krispy Kreme.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:13 AM

It's a southern thing - you might not understand . . .
I'm from Tennessee, originally . . . & can't count the number of late night Krispy Kreme runs me & the boys made in our youth, semi-innebriated!
I dunno what they put in those things, but its down-right addictive!
I'm sure that expansion'll be good for buisness, but I'm not sure that this southern tradition should be shared with Yankees . . . next thing ya know - ya'll will want to whip up a batch of vinegar based bbq sauce & cook a pig in the ground!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey now most of my relatives (or the ones we associate with) are in SC. I can't be all that bad, they let me visit every summer. Also I say neat things like ya'all [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 12:28 PM

Yep same thing happened here in Phoenix, big long lines at first. it'll die down after that new car smell goes away [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Here the attraction was alot of transplanted people wanted to get a taste of home. They are OK but I dont see what the big fuss was either.
Wait till you get a "IN & OUT Burger" they are a chain from California same thing lines around the block, and they only have like 5 items single/double/triple, frys, shake, soda. thats the whole damn menu [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] seemed to me the main things they sold were T-shirts and Hats with their name on it
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 01:17 PM

yup, definitely a southern thing. a new one in SA opened up a couple weeks ago...the closest store before that was in Austin. anyway, 1500 people lined up...it cause traffic jams on I10 and Dezavala....it was retarded.

anyway, they use a different kinda flour than regular donuts, so they're really tender. they'll melt in your mouth. not to mention they are really really sweet. you can drink black coffee while you eat them and your coffee tastes sweetened [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i'm not one of these Krispy kreme freaks, i'd take a walmart or HEB donut anyday [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 02:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There good no doubt about it, but they are just a donut. No way would I wait in a line any were near that long for them.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 02:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah that was pretty ridiculous when Kripsy Kreme opened here in San Antonio. The day they opened I drove by and they had to have police traffic control in their parking lot. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It was 10 p.m. the night before and people were lining up. All that fuss and bullsh*t over them and I still havent had one, have no desire for one either. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 06:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Southern thing [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] you are a redneck. We got a krapy kreme up here in Fargo, N.D. so I don't think it is a southern thing. Same thing here when they first opened too, big line and all that crap. They just spend a lota money advertising and hyping it up before they open. Personaly I think there donuts suck. But that is just my opinion. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode