Wisdom Teeth - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Wisdom Teeth

mine are killin me! anyway, who's gotten theirs yanked? how long wereyou down? all 4? 2? its looking like all of mine need to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 11:18 AM

Re: Wisdom Teeth

<font color="green"> I had all 4 of mine done about 3 years ago. I waited way too long, every one of them was impacted, 2 of them were almost completely within my jaw. I saw the pile of tooth peices after the surgery and it was just mound of fragments, the doc had to break all of them into little bits to get them out. Not fun I tried to go back to work the next day but was sent home since the pain killers were making me loopy. I took the next day off too and went back the following day, although I didn't answer my phone till the following week. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]</font color>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 12:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Before I had mine taken out, I had an infection. Talk about pain. It was much worse then having them removed. However, I went under for the operation, while I was being sedated, something was going wrong with the laughing gas... all of a sudden about 15 people were in the room. I was so doped up I had no idea what was going on and I started to freak out. Then everyone in the room started laughing, then of course I started laughing , then BAM I am out. I was under for about an hour, and I can still recall being half asleep and hearing the crunching as my teeth were being yanked. Kinda weird.
However my wife did one of those exerpimental studies, she had all four impacted teeth taken out without any sort of anethtisa (sp?) At the time she didnt have insurance and she had to get them taken out.... anyhow she said it was a piece of cake.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 01:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I never had mine pulled, but a friend of mine had 2 yanked. It didn't affect him at all, other than they bled a little for a couple hours.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 02:33 PM

Shorts
Wisdom teeth removal seems to affect different people different ways [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. I've had a couple buddies of mine go through terrible pain and have their heads swell to twice their normal sizes..he he...with lots of bruising [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. However, whatever they gave me, it worked like a charm, I don't rememeber a thing, had the two bottom ones pulled, and the top two had to be drilled out...no problem. That was on a Wednesday, and I was at the bar Friday night drinking beer with everybody else [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. They say its good to get the buggers out, as they crowd the rest of your teeth and may cause more problems down the road. good luck [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Rembrant
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 06:00 PM

I've never had mine out cause I don't have any. My mom didn't have any either, so I guess I'm a mutant or something [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. My bro got his out a couple of years back and looked like a chipmunk for about a week or so. Good luck!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 08:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i know a bunch of people that had wisdom teeth pulled. i don't have any wisdome teeph. some ppl react well some don't.
i know some people that were eating burgers 2 hours later and some people eating ice cream for 3 weeks.

theo
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 11:17 PM

why do they call them wisdom teeth if they dont come in straight???? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 11:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

so people can ask question like that [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

no wisdom teeth? that would be cool [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] several of my friends had their pulled. one was out cold for a week, and another was out partying two days later...go figure [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] i'm curious as to which type i'll be [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] i do dig the being-drugged-and-out-and-sleeping-for-a-week, but i also wanna be tough! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i was doing some research online, and i came across a page that had pics of how they drill and cut the tooth for extraction..... [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode