Doo..doo...doo; lookin' out my back door. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Doo..doo...doo; lookin\' out my back door.

I found one by the front door when we first moved in - a big female, who got moved to the side of the house. Now it looks like she's been busy since I found her (still on a side window) and these 2 new ones at the back door (the little male with red on his back and the young female munching on a beetle) and another one, I think, under the drip edge.

So now I have a colony of Black Widows guarding my house. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 908945-Female.JPG (96.0 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 11:26 AM

Re: Doo..doo...doo; lookin\' out my back door.

That's pretty cool that you got pics. Kinda like Animal Planet... hee hee

We had BIG one in our garage for the longest time and my mom would actually catch flies and throw them into her web[img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] She thought it was the coolest thing and I'm like, uhmmm mom... STOPPIT YOU'RE FREAKING ME OUT!!! hahaha [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 12:43 PM

<font color="blue">I love spiders!!! One time we were camping, and my mom all of a sudden started freaking out, and yells, THERES A BIG BLACK WIDOW ON YOUR ARM!! And sure enough there was a big one about the size of a half dollor on my arm! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Still don't know why I didn't notice it [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. It sure was a big ol sucker! </font color>
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 02:59 PM

kill them ALL, i got no beef with spiders, but when they are that posionous...ya DIE, ive seen arachnifobia a few two many times, and im like 80% sure i have arachnifobia
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 03:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

not a fan spiders that could actually injure me. What is fun to do with spiders though is throw them on a friend of mine. Then you get to see a 22 year old kid scream like an 8 year old girl [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 03:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

doesn't that bother you in the least? granted i'm not afraid of spiders, but i think having poisonious spiders anywhere near my dogs, cats (well maybe not cats), my own personal would be freaky. they rarely attack humans or what? i want a big arse tarrantula but the other half is so freaked out by them i can't have one. even with a padlock on the cage.

theo
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 03:44 PM
Can't Get Enough

Sorry, but all Widows die. The plain, colorless males and the black and red females. The like to make their homes on the trucks I work on and i will spend a whole day trying to eradicate the thing before i touch the truck. My dad and brother have been bitten, and i know if i don't watch it, i am next. I grew up around them and don't care for the effects they have on the human body. And once you recieve the antivenom, you can never recieve it again. If you get bitten a second time, you have to wait it out in the hospital in lots of pain with a bad fever hoping it doesn't kill the tussue around the area you got bitten.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 05:51 PM
Mud in my Veins

i didnt know they could catch big ol beetles, that's wild! i once bought a box of stuff at a garage sale and as i was putting it in the truck i realized there was a live scorpion stuck to masking tape on the side of the box... that caught me off-guard 'cause i've only seen maybe 2 of them in my entire life [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 08:39 PM
wrobel

damn, now i'm freaked out. i hate spiders, all shapes and sizes (except daddy long legs [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) i'd have to kill any spider living on my house. especially the really poisonous ones. I used to spray lithium grease on the ones that would hang out at the exxon i worked at. it slowed em down enough for me to make a small pool of miscellaneous flammable liquids and set the poor thing aflame. i saw arachniphobia when i was little, it didn't help my view on spiders... [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 08:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

"it slowed em down enough for me to make a small pool of miscellaneous flammable liquids and set the poor thing aflame."
I feel disturbed...and yet amused [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode