Sucks to be this guy. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Sucks to be this guy.

Okay, for my first vehicle I got a 1990 Mustang from my brother. It needed some work so I found a good BBS to get some tech info from. It was Mustang Works.

I checked in on Mustang works today and I guess some crazy stuff has happened there lately. One of the guys that posts there works as an SVT technician and there was a lady having troubles with her 03 Cobra. He took it for a test drive and had it up to 140mph and then after work he went and bragged about it on mustang works, and he even put up her personalized lisense plate! Well word got out and that thread made its way to nearly every car performance BBS on the internet. In a little while this ladys friend heard about what had happened to his friends car and told her about it. Ya, the tech got fired, and Mustang works got bogged down with up to 1300 views per SECOND on that thread! Wow. It made quite a bit of news off of the internet as well, as I understand it.

Heres the actual thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 12:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Sucks to be this guy.

found that yesterday, I made sure I gave my shoutout for Off-road.com
OFF-ROAD.COM THREAD
Amazing the support and response it's getting [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 12:39 AM
Can't Get Enough

I like his title "ex ford mechanic!"
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 01:03 AM
Mud in my Veins

oh man, that's great! just furthers my hatred for dealer service depts [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] this should be a wake-up call to aftermarket manufacturers and vendors... if your product and/or service is CRAP, the word will get out over da intronet! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 05:08 AM

Kevin
Thats a riot..LMAO! I read the first few pages of the thread...but Jeez, its long, and they get into all the why drive so fast krap [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. Oh well, it sure is funny though, good enough for him, he deserves what he got, you could brag to your closest buddies, but post it on a net forum...gimmie a break....he deserves to be in the unemployment lineup..he he he. Personally, I had a Camaro that I didn't care who drove it or how hard, because nobody could've been harder on it than me...but a dealer tech...thats just not right. If I got to take one of those babies for a rip, I wouldn't have to tell anybody about it, I'd be happy enough to play Steve McQueen all by myself. LOL! Still funny though [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Rembrant
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 10:55 AM

no crap, I brought my prostreet s10 in one time for a computer problem I couldnt figure out and they overrevved it to the point of poping out the lifter cup out of the lifter,,,,then they readjusted it to try to cover it up. By the way, this motor will run at 6500 all day...now i use revlimiters and never let anyone help, cost me a cam/lifter set and a bent pushrod. did they pay for it, yeah right, might of scared the service manager when I whipped the broken lifter across the shop, thats it [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 10:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

you know what... i would have done the same thing, not even for the rush but because of the "make sure no punk drives my car" comment, that just pisses me off, i got enough of that when i was in my late teens to last me a life time, don't put me down till you get to know me, just like i wouldn't put you down before i got to know you. and i don't give a crap if doing 140 in someone elses car makes me a punk, in her eyes i would be the punk no matter, thats what i believe. i would be perfectly fine with "dont beat on it" or "take it easy on it, thats my baby" or something to that affect, that would actually work instead of having a countereffect.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 09:37 AM

what if someone took your vehicle beat it to the point ware it damaged it or "took a few miles off in it" and they claimed no resposibility. The only reason the "punk" got in trouble is because he bragged and got caught. Tell ya what, I dont give a crap what she said. If I was her boyfriend or husband, I'd go down to the shop and take someones head off, and have thier job. Isnt that a $50000 car????? no respect for what someone works for. And who cares, I took my load of $hit through the years. Its would be my job, remember, those people are the ones who keep you working, no matter how much of an a$$hole they are. Call it projecting good karma
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 10:02 AM

hmm, a couple of those guys are morons [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 04:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well thats where we would differ that, i have a lot of respect for people i do work for, as long as they show minimal respect for me, once in a while i have people telling me how to do my job, and that im not doing this or that right, and they have no experience in the business, and some of them go as far as calling me names, why should i take crap from people like that, ill be polight and tell them that i know what im doing, and those are the regulations blah blah blah, but if they keep pushing me ill go as far as getting in their face, if they don't like my work they can tell me so, and ill pack up and leave, just fine by me. as for the kid, he deserved what he got, don't get me wrong, but no need to call him a punk before he did what he did.
well now that i think about it a little more, maybe i wouldn't take it so personally, i get very agrivated when agrivating stuff happens but i cool off quick, as long as i woulndn't get to the car for the first 5 min. i guess i would have to be in the situation to know what i would do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode