BBS changes - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

BBS changes

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color="green"> So, what do y'all think of the changes to the BBS? I like most of them, the new smilies are cool and the fact that you can just click on them to insert them is nice. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] are pretty cool. Not so sure about the thread and user ratings, but time will ell if anyone even uses them. Any other thoughts or stuff you guys noticed that's new or different?
</font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 09:55 PM

Re: BBS changes

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I definitely like it so far, but right now im going to see if it addressed one of the biggest problems (IMO). Adding a picture bigger than 100kb dum dumm dummmmmm.....

Woohoo! I tried adding a pic bigger than 100kb and it stopped me. Yup the new system is great. Except the Suzuki board is now placed under 'Other 4x4' as well, but I'll get used to it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'm still in shock just got on and noticed everything is different. The one thing I did notice is that the main index loaded faaster than I could click on it and that is most definatly an improvement. [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] It will take some getting used to. I was just getting comfortable with the last time they made changes, now this.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:32 PM

Anyone else notice that the html in people's signatures isn't working?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I think they turned HTML off, I had to redo mine in UBB [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:42 PM

I knew it wasn't just me.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:49 PM

I like the new layout alot more, although the only thing i dont really like is that it displays how many posts each person has. IMO its not the greatest, cause it might bring in a 'bias' of sorts to the board, ie. 'he has more posts, he knows more'. I know the member titles reflect that, but i think the post count makes it more obvious.
Other than that, everything seems great! The load time is amazing, and the little extra features are cool, too. The forum re-organization will take alittle getting used to, but over-all i think its laid out pretty good. (i will admit to not being able to find general 4x4 at first, though [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])
As for the removal of html, most forum software does that as a safety precaution, 'cause if you know html, then you can edit the page just by putting specific stuff in your signature. Not that everyone would do it, but ive seen it happen before
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:56 PM
Mud in my Veins

I like it, but is it just me and my personal setup, or are there no lines seperating the posts? I keep missing the little one line posts people put up because I can't see them between all the gobbledegook of the post headers and footers. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 11:08 PM
Just Plain Need A Life

I reccomend that you use the default "INFOPOP" color scheme. There are no gaurantees that any of the others will look or work worth a damn.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 11:11 PM
Just Plain Need A Life

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the little tests and comments. It helps us troubleshoot and get a clue quickly on how things are working.

Again, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode