Grrrrrrrrrrrrr................women! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr................women!

No, I'm not a woman basher, anyone who knows me can attest to it, but my social life history is full of spectacular explosions at the end of relationships. Just had another one and I feel like bitchin about it. Started dating this girl last March. She's a friend of mine's younger sister and a few years younger than me. We got along great and no one had any problems with it after they kidded me some about "robbing the craddle". So here all of a sudden in the end of August after school starts back up she says she wants for us to just be friends. She doesn't have time for us with basically going to two different schools every day and working a lot at her (not so) part time job. It's just too hard and she feels bad about us never having time together and always being stressed out. She was always busy and my work schedule and the fact that we lived 45 minutes away ment we were always having trouble getting to see each other. Once a week at best. So I say okay, because I wanted her to be able to do what she has to do to get through school and also actually get 8 hours of sleep a night. She says things about maybe in the future when things are settled down............blah blah..................[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Meanwhile we keep in touch, I've known her for years, and as usual, there are some connections still there. Talk like once a week. She keeps mentioning this Chris guy that she knows. A lot. They're always out doing things. I bite my tongue. I figure no one has said anything to me, and she hasn't mentioned dating, why push the issue. Put myself into an oblivious state and change the subject.

Until today. Sitting here at work with nothing to do, and realize I haven't talked to her in over a week. Blah blah, working, blah blah, how her parents are, my drama with my Tracker and looking for a new vehicle blah blah she's dating Chris blah blah.....................[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

See, I'm just pissed. If she had wanted to say that we just weren't working out and she wanted to see someone else more convenient, I would have been hurt, but it would have been okay, I'd have gotten over it. This just makes me angry. I mean common, have the [censored] -ing curtesy to not LIE to my face. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR............................. .[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

This is just one of those many reasons why I usually prefer older women.[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] They tend to know what the hell they are doing.[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

So that's a bit of the soap opera from hell I call a social life, how's everyone else doing out there?[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 11:08 PM

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrrr................women!

Hey, I know what you mean. Me and relationships don't mix, just came out of a 2 year and she asked if we could just be friends, I said sure. Now I have to sit there and listen to all the [censored] that she does, for some reason she turned into a slut after we broke up. Like AJM I also just needed to vent. As I see it right now, Women Suck. (no offense itended towards anyone except my ex)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 04:20 AM

Hello Folks
I learned a long time ago that women aren't necessarily the enemy. Stay away from the heartbreakers, and the barbie dolls, there's too much drama with them, and they won't stick around. These girls may think you're great because you have a 4x4 and your fingernails are dirty..LOL, but they will get over this quickly when Mr. blond parted hair rolls up in his Miata and whisks her away from you....off to Baskin Robbins for a frozen yogurt[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Number two, don't fall so head over heels over a girl and let yourself get too attatched....If you fall too "in love" with a girlfriend too quick, you may speed up her wanna be friends process. And, spend lots of time with your buddies!, if you're feeling more often that you'd like to cuddle on the couch with your barbie and watch "Fried Green Tomatoes", call up your buddies, and go get some wings and beer, lots of beer! and look at lots of women while yer out...ha ha ha. What I'm trying to say is, you don't have to make your girlfriend your whole life.....unless its reciprocal....and you'll know if it is. BTW, I'm a happily married guy, but I remember all too well, the nightmarish girlfriends I've had over the years, and the few that ended up wanting to "just be friends", I saw it coming a mile away...and was prepared for it. NEXT!...time to move on to the next girl....there are so many to choose from...don't be heartbroken over just one!
This is all just my 2 cents worth, if you find a cute girl with her own 4x4, that likes beer and chicken wings.....disregard everthing I said and just ask her to marry you[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].
Rembrant
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 05:00 AM

"like sands through the hourglass ....these are the days of our lives" i know what you mean about the socially inept barbie doll types . looks arent everything ... truly spectacular women are passed by everyday because they "dont fit the profile" start trying to look through the half gallon of bondo on those barbie dolls faces and see them for the shallow heartless bimbo's they are . instead look for real qualities in there personalities , not the fake ones that surface when you first start dating then immediately disappear when you get to know them .... just my advice . oh and by the way i am happily married to a girl who drives a 97 Ford F250 crew cab 4x4 with a 460 .....and she has her own fishing pole and rifle ......stand back....I got a keeper !!!!!!!!!! Von Warner
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 05:08 AM

Von`Warner
Hey, if her dress is strapless and her bra isn't...she might be a Redneck[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]!
ha ha ha
Just kidding bud[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]!
She sounds like a keeper for sure.....
Does she like beer and chicken wings?
Buy that girl a Toyota will ya...Jeeez!
Take care!
Rembrant
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 06:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

One good thing AJM is that she told you herself that she was dating someone. You didn't have to hear it through someone else. I know it must be hard. We've all been down that road some time or another.
Personally I married my best friend. She has always been there for me, and will continue to do so. She may not like 4wheeling as much as I, but I dont mind. She;s always telling me to go out with my friends and to have a good time. And most of all........... she takes 20 minutes in the bathroom AT MOST when we go out for dinner or whatnot.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 12:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

been with mine for 4 years and have gotten to the point where its waiting for the next stage. unfortunately the next stage is after i graduate in a year and a half. she doesn't like beer but likes to do to JD shots. the only gun she'll shoot his my 40 sig and won't touch a shotgun, and will cook whatever i bring home.

theo
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:40 PM

Women: cant live with em, cant live without em!

I have to agree with Rembrant on this one. Ive found that my current relationship (almost 4 years now!) seems to be better now that i dont see her as much. When we hung out all the time it started to get stale, cause we'd go out and do stuff till there was nohting left to do! Now, between our conflicting hours, i hang out with my friends as much as, if not more, than i do with her. (it seems to make her a little jealous!) And like Baron said, theres alot of out there who think it would be cool to date a grease-stained guy with a truck, untill they realize how much of an obsession it is!
Although I was fortunate enough to find one that will actually go camping with me and my buddies on occasion, and is currently saving up cash to pay off her truck so she can lift it!

can you say 'keeper'? [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

hmm, this got derailed fast! Anyway, the point is, yeah, they DO suck! Think of all that extra money youd have for truck parts if they werent latched on to ya! [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 11:02 PM

Re: Women: cant live with em, cant live without em!

seems meager to your guy's but my first girlfriend, i just broke up with tuesday, girlfriend of a month, was bad news from the start...but ill live, ill be outta this town in may anyway, so no point in startin somethin thats not gonna last ya year
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 11:28 PM

hey buddy, sorry about your woes. i can honestly say women are crazy and complicated, but its not cause they want to be - believe me! its just happens, no matter how much they(we...me) try to be simple, fair and understanding, sensors just go haywire....kinda like the faulty EGR code [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] sometimes i find myself thinking or feelings things that are just a bit much. then when i rethink them from someone else's point of view, things don't seem so off, and i wonder why the hell i was so upset.

anyway, sux that some people, guys or girls, can't be honest and up front with what's going on. on her defense, she probably didn't want to tell you cause she didn't want to hurt you. i know that sounds really cliche and really chickensh#@, but it might be pretty true. nobody roast me!!! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] or, it could have been cause she was just a jerk [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode