One day left before new health kick begins..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

One day left before new health kick begins.....

Hello Folks
Well, I had vowed to give up all the junk food, pop, and fast food, this coming Monday...and keyriced I'm gettin nervous already[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. There is supposed to be myself and a couple other guys joining a local gym, and I'm supposed to oil up the chain on my mountain bike..he he he....I think a tree grew up through the frame of it[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Anyhow, I quit smoking four years ago, and I found that much easier than giving up all the yummy, sugary treats I like so much. Same as anything I guess, just a habit. At least I've whittled my coffee down to a single milk from a double cream, double sugar......god help me, I wasn't giving that up[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img].LOL
Thats all my news, I just felt like telling someone..he he.
later
Rembrant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 10:31 AM

Re: One day left before new health kick begins.....

Good luck. I've got to give up the smokes first.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

good luck man, i too have found myself to be out of shape. For christmas i was given a 12 month membership to a local gym. good luck, together maybe we can ditch some pounds and gain some muscle.

theo
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 08:52 PM

come to oregon ...... and i'll have you in shape ( or dead ) in no time . 2.2 miles with 100 pounds of pure rogue river chinook on your back and you'll be " the baddest man in the land".... hee heee !!! just kidding, i have the good ole Kodiak chewing tobacco to keep me away from the sweets . for me i think that is going to be one HARD habit to break . if i ever do quit i know i will swell up like a tick ....the best of luck to you , just stay focused and keep your tummy full of low calorie stuff . if your tummy thinks its full you wont have as many urges to indulge in the fattening things . find a low calorie snack food that you really like and eat that when your cravings start trying to take over . but dont eat too much our you will find yourself getting bored and then the cravings will come back even stronger . .....Good luck .....Von Warner
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Can't Get Enough

Glad you gave up the smokes. A friend of mine was diagnosed with Buerger's Disease last week. He was told he had to quit using all tobacco products immediately. Here are 2 link s that give some info on it. http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/topics/circ08.htm#whatis

Basically it is a vascular disease caused by smoking. It affects men age 20-40 and causes blood flow restrictions in the feet and/or hands. His right index finger was cold and hurting on wednesday and by friday morning it was black. The doctors could find no blood flow in the digit or on the sides of the digits next to it. He is going to be on blood thinners for the rest of his life now. If any of you guys need a reason to quit smoking, this is it. Did I mention that i could cause gaingrene in the effected digits or the whole foot or hand?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 12:15 AM

My dad yrs ago when I was a kid,told me"If it feels good or tastes good,its bad for ya"[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode