Just like Wile. E Coyote....Super genius.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Just like Wile. E Coyote....Super genius..

Hello Folks...
Been playing on the computer for hours and finally figured out how to put pics on here...at least in my signature anyway. Had some free webspace from my IP, downloaded an FTP program, and played around til I figured it out. Now I'm pleased as punch...he he he, small things amuse small minds I guess....
Well, thats my Toyota 4x4 of to the left there.
thanks for reading.
Later
Rembrant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 01:24 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Just like Wile. E Coyote....Super genius..

feels good to figure out these danged contraptions doesnt it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 10:43 AM

<font face="Comic Sans ms">Just a couple of sticking points here... For a signature image file size should be 15-20kb MAX... If I recall correctly yours is close to 54kb... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Need to shrink it down a bit...

Probably the most convenient way to post up a picture for a signature is on ORC BBS "Test" forum, just start a thread, click preview post/attach file, continue and then pick "browse" to locate where on your machine the file you want to post is. From there simply right click where it says "attachment" and copy shortcut... Then just paste that into the line in your profile for signature picture...

That procedure works well for posting multiple pictures too, post 'em all in test forum like described above, open notepad, or word pad or a word processor, right click and copy links for each picture into the word processing program, then once you've copied them all, go to forum you want to post in and copy all that's in the word processor that you copied into the "post" box on the forum you want to display them on, of course surrounding each link with [ image ] and [ /image ] tags (without the spaces between brackets and words)... [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Just a few helpful hints... Good luck...</font>
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Tim
I played with it a while and got the pic shrunk down a bit..
I think its only about 3K now...does that sound right?
I took my sig' image pic and re-sized to 100x120 pixels and then linked to it..it seems a little clearer now too. I tried a bunch of other sizes, but they all appeared to have the same clearness of the 54K version. Anyhow, I'm learning more as I go.
Thanks,
Rembrant
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 07:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cooool! I think I just figured out how to post a sig pic too!!! I feel special![img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

"Remember the good old days when the mail was safe and the mailman was dangerous?"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 09:00 PM

Super Genius . . . lol !!

Thanks guys, been feelin a lil' nekkid w/o a pic
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 06:15 AM

beep .....beep.... by george i think i've got it....Von Warner
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 09:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

no a supergenious is the one that on a 3 lane highway, rides up on a unmarked cruiser in a trans am, gets right near his bumper and starts laying on the horn for him to get out of the way.

theo
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Hey <font color=blue>Von Warner</font color=blue>
Whats that cross all about? Is there some sort of hidden meaning behind it? he he he. I was waiting to see a 50 pound salmon dangling from your fingertips[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]..LOL. Oh well, the cross is pretty cool anyway...I've got a cute signature pic I'm dying to use...but don't want to offend[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] anybody...ha ha, I'll show it to ya later.
Take 'er easy[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Rembrant
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 09:08 PM

oh yeah ... i forgot that i can catch 50# salmon at my very whim . i didnt have time to fetch that picture from my files , but it will be there shortly ... the iron cross is what i have there now , to make a very long story short i like the red baron and i am of german decent so i figured the iron cross that was painted on Baron Von Richtoffen's Fokker triplane was as good a sig.pic. as any .... Von Warner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode