God Bless America - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 09:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

God Bless America

God Bless America
Those words don’t hurt me, they empower our belief in our nation. Our nation was founded under God by our fore fathers who believed in God. Most of the American settlers and founders believed in God.
Separation of church and state is working just fine, I don’t believe we need to change our forefathers beliefs and words. This separation is was what was wanted by our father who believed in God.
I don’t believe in God or religion. I will always say “…under God…” in the Pledge of Allegiance because even if I don’t believe, he was still a part of our nations founding. Even if he doesn’t exist, he still took part in the hearts and souls of our founding fathers.
I also will hold hands, bow my head in respect and say “Amen” at a family dinner.
I believe if I want respect for my non-belief, I must respect those who do. Why can’t those who want “Under God” banned and “God Bless America” just follow my example? This country is very accepting of other beliefs, why is it so set against what this nation was founded on???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: God Bless America

Because it is no longer run by true Americans. It has been sold out by people who are greedy and could care less what happens as long as they get there's NOW! Mind you your vote does not count anymore, it is the electorial votes that decide who becomes president, and of course that really doesn't matter any way cause he don't run the government either. It's the special interest groups who buy all the guys in the house of representitives and the seneate, etc., etc.. If you really start studying american government, you will realize that we won the battle of WW2 but we lost the war, our government has been bought. Even so, I am still a true AMERICAN, and if someone wants to come and steal from me, or covet my wife, or harm my children, I will shoot them dead where they stand. My right as an AMERICAN. Just my opinions.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 06:14 AM

Re: God Bless America

hakefisherman: well said , i am not a church going man myself but i believe in god . i also believe in your right not to believe in god , i feel that if you are a good person good things will be in store for you when you die. i dont need some fire and brimstone preacherman telling me what a heathen i am every sunday to be a good person . i am a big boy and i know that there will eventually be consequences for bad stuff and rewards for good stuff , i just try to do more good stuff than bad .... just my opinion ..... Von Warner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode