Is this a good deal? - Shotgun - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Is this a good deal? - Shotgun

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>I'm pretty sure it is, but want to make sure. Remington 1100 Skeet 12 ga shotgun for $200. About 20 years old, in mint condition, it's hardly been used. Comes with a soft case (bfd). The price included shipping. Yay? Nay? Oh yeah, it's got the checkered stock with the designs in the receiver too. It apparantly looks like this -

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 03:04 PM

Re: Is this a good deal? - Shotgun

this is just my sort of thing ....BUY IT!!! if you dont want it ,let me know .this is a good deal for a remington shotgun in the condition that you show. does it have the interchangeable chokes? ie full , mod. ,semi mod. etc.? i would like to own one of these if you are not interested please let me know ....... Von Warner
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 06:17 PM

I'd buy it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
If fact I will buy it if you decide you dont want it [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
That would make 2 guns in one week. yesterday I bought a Browning "hi power" 9 mm from my neighbor
Isnt being an American GREAT!
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 10:13 PM
birddog1

As far as value goes, its really dependent upon what you will use it for. That particular model has a good reputation and it appears from the pic that there are no scars along the ejector/bolt area or pits/wear in the finish which would indicate heavy use. This bbl might not have a choke system and that would be something you would want to ask about...if no choke system, likely the bbl is improved cylinder for skeet, but you could use it for dove and quail just fine. I see these used all the time for about 250. They have to be kept clean cause their actions gunk fast and they are also a bit choosy on lubes when you use em in icy weather...They also dont particularly feed low brass Winchesters too well. Keep in mind its likely chambered for 2 3/4 which would pretty much limit you to small game, unlike the 3 and 3.5 inch rounds which are great for waterfowl and turkey. The 870 pump in 3 inch is a better all around shotgun but thats just my 2 cents.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>OK, I got 2 "go for it"s and 1 "not that good of a deal". I guess I should have specified what I'll use it for, and that is purely trap and skeet. I don't hunt, and in all honesty I probably never will. Just not my thing. So, sounds like it's a decent deal at least for a skeet gun. Oh, the pics I posted are not of the actual gun, but the seller said it looks exactly like the one in the pics, it is in mint condition and has hardly been used. The seller still hasn't gotten back to me, so we'll see. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 10:37 PM
birddog1

Dont get me wrong, its an excellent buy (and choice) for sporting clays and skeet. You wont find one cheaper if its really in excellent condition. I use a Browning O/U and an A-5 for clays, but use 3" and 3.5" (ranging from Winchester, to Remi, to a Mossberg turkey gun) out in the field. Just think there are better shotguns than the 1100 for the field when you have to consider the elements like dirt/ice and the limits a 2 3/4 chamber will impose.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 01:13 PM

Birddog, What do you think a Browning "hi power" 9mm perfect condition is worth?
(13 round clip, matt finish)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 02:19 PM

send me a message on AIM @ Katklaw23
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 06:27 PM
birddog1

Perfect condition is relative to some people but I use the following: Its been kept clean and properly lubed, few rounds fired (especially reloads by unskilled reloaders, since a 9mm is a difficult round to keep pressures in check), an unpitted or /corrosion contaminated bore and bbl, excellent finish and no evidence of blue wear thru....definitely no rust...maybe minor holster and trigger wear. Bout $400. Police service use grade, bout $300. Somewhere in between those two values for average. These used to command a higher resale value, but with the Glock and high cap craze, they seemed to lose a bit on resale, then of course Clinton pushed for 10 round clips, and everyone got into the compact craze, which seemed to further diminish resale of full size pistols a bit. Kinda coming back into equilibrium, though. The HP is a great weapon and has an excellent reputation for feeding a variety of rounds. I use Glock autos and Rugers, but used to have a Browning 9....still have the little Buckmark 22 and like the slim profile of both.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 06:41 PM

Thanks bird dog I figured in this conditon they would sell for around $400, so when he said $300, I said SURE!
On it's condition it is as close to "New In Box" as could be, No holster or trigger wear, it has probably had less than 100 rounds through it. I have been playing with it since I got it, it tears down very easy, I cleaned it (of course) and it was spotless! I cant what for the weekend to go blinking [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for the input! You told me what I wanted to hear [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode