Woo - painted unsightly frame - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
The NOT-Off-Road Lounge Talk any topic NOT related to Off-Road vehicles. ESTABLISHED COMMUNITY MEMBERS ONLY - NO SPAMMERS.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Woo - painted unsightly frame

on a whim yesterday, i scuffed and painted the nice, big frame on my truck....yeehaw [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] ok, useless post, but, oh well.

i guess for the technical jargon, i wire-brushed the frame, then acetoned it clean. i used some "Rust Control" flat black paint from walmart. laid down several coats, so it looks pretty good. after i did that, i pulled off my tow hooks and touched them up.

ahh, the little things [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

i'm going to do the rear later on...the side of the box in the wheel well, and the rear part of the frame that shows nice 'n rusty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Woo - painted unsightly frame

I'm about 75% done with my undercoating the lower portion of the body project. Definately won't win any awards, but works for what I need and actually doesn't look half bad.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 08:00 AM

how did it come out, i want to do a frame,but i want to make it look like they do from the factory. I've done show quality, but I'm looking for something with a little less work.
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

it looks a lot better now! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] its a nice flat black so the frame is really suttle now. i'll get pics this afternoon with the "fine quality" web cam [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] by the time i do, it'll be dirty though...i got a 2 hour drive in the rain [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

i didn't put great effort into this, at least it didn't feel like it [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] i did make sure that i scuffed the frame real well. as for the paint i laid down, the first one was real thin...i sprayed the layers in between shooting hoops and commercials during the football games [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] i didn't plan on this little project. i just got underneath my truck checking out the lift kit and bolts and stuff....then i thought, hmm, let me scuff this frame....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

ok, here is a couple pics...not the best...and kinda goofy too [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 07:43 AM

A little hard to see,but the one close up on the right side shows it pretty good. It looks pretty smooth. thanx for the pics. I( think I'll do the same thing. The only thing that I'm not taking off is the cab. the box and front clip are coming off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode