Off Roading Forums banner

rotor removal

403 views 6 replies 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Hay guys I broke a lug bolt off when I was removing the front tire so I could grease the front end do you have to take the locking hub assy off to remove the rotor so I can pound out the bolt or is their a easier way to replace the bolt with out removing the rotor.
(93 4x4 hardbody)

Greg (maxx37)

G
#3 ·
Unfortunetly you have to pull the whole assembly apart seperate the rotor from the hub(where the studs are) to change the studs

TONY(HARDBODY)
"If your not breakin parts, your not wheelin hard enough"/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G
#7 ·
After you pull the hub, there's a snap ring, than a washer, than another washer with tabs on it, than the "brake", and finally you get to the lock washer, it has 1 or 2 philips head screws holding it in place unscrew them and remove the lock washer, next is the wheel bearing lock nut (it has a bunch of holes in it's face) They say you need a special tool for it but I found mine wasn't really that tight so I was able to unscrew it usingv a philips screwdriver, It sounds like a big job but it really isn't, the best thing to do is to lay a clean rag or paper towel down and as you take parts out lay them down in the order they come out, that way you know how they go on reassembly. This next tip goes for brakes too,-- you always should do one side at a time that way if you get stuck or forget how something goes you can always look at the other side-- Good luck

TONY(HARDBODY)
"If your not breakin parts, your not wheelin hard enough"/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.