Long travel Nissan IFS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 12:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Long travel Nissan IFS

Ok been working on this for a while now and just wanna spread some rumors :>). The stock Nissan IFS travel is about 7.5" on all 4wd's from 86.5 to 00'. Now add the smaller bumpstops and ball joint spacers I've been working on and you now get almost 10" of travel.
My next option/idea: Swap left side to right side and flip upside down the upper and lower control arms to give me another 2" lift (no increase in travel). I'm sure some things will need to be rectofied like shock mounts and sway bar links. But according to my setup it would lower the spindle 2" from its normal location.
When you compress the tire would be 2" farther down than stock and would droop 2" more than stock because of it's replaced height.
If you need to ask where I got this idea, Japan, and it's a wong story...
-Todd

Extreme Off-road Equipment
www.nissan-offroad.com
Asst. Nissan Section Editor
www.off-road.com/nissan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 05:15 PM

Re: Long travel Nissan IFS

Just to add to the thought proccess. Some limiting factors will be Shocks (relocating the top mount maybe), Will the torsion bars twist enough to allow 10" or more (that is what I am looking for) travel? Also where are you measuring the travel at? Outside edge of the factory wheel? At the wheel studs? At the shock? I just want to be on the same page as you so i don't say het I got 14" of travel and you say no way. As for you upside down control arms, Check very carefully for binding. Also note that the lower control arms are different on the Frontiers. Gone is the panhard bar that reaches from the frame to the rear of the control arm. In it's place is another built in swivel. Keep me posted, and if you need more info, just ask.
Lator.....

The Uglier The Tire, The Better The Truck Looks!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 01:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Todd, have ya a Pic of these Ball Joint Spacers ? Im curious how these look and work. Tell me more.......

http://home.off-road.com/~karsten
Work sucks [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]...I gooo wheeeeeelin`[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 01:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry Mudman, there used to be an excellent picture here of them, but I think they are redoing there page. All Nissan spacers were $89.95 or something, keep checking back here to see if they repost the pic??
http://www.donahoeracing.com/catalog/accessories/accessories.htm#top[

"My Drinking Team Has A Rockcrawling Problem"

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 03:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep, Ill keep on checking this.
Any experiences with these Spacers?

Work sucks [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]...I gooo wheeeeeelin`[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 03:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No Sir, never had to! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's the straight & solid life I lead! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 03:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Straight and Solid Life, hahahaha..... only the Truck, eh? BTW, all these Solid Axle conversions, have you ever thought about a Nissan Patrol Axle? The GR(Q) has a Coil sprung H233B in the front. Are they available in the US/CA ?
They are quite common here.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 04:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes Sir, I've thought about them, but pretty hard to find over here without the rest of the Patrol being attached, in which case I'd probably would have just built the patrol.. Would sure be a nice option though, but those coil-sprung axles are very rare in my neck of the woods at least..

BTW - The truck is solid, I'm the only straight component it has! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 04:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

.....good combination LOL...

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 07:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Have you checked out chaosfab long travel ifs suspension lift? I think it has like 12 inches of wheel travel. But, you pay for it (around $1800)! And, Im actually thinking about buying one! www.chaosfab.com Although, its only for the 2wd nissan. Can be found at www.bajaconcepts.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode