Survey? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Survey?

Does anyone mind if I do a little survey? I was wonder if those of you who feel like responding could tell us what you are using for shocks and whether you like them or not?

For my '94 PF, I'm leaning towards Rancho 5000's, but if enough people tell me they think they are too stiff I might have to spend the extra $$$ on 9000's. Also, is anyone using anything other than Ranchos that they really like? Don't tell me TM SSV's, because I have them now and I think I'm going to dump them! They are way too soft for me! They work well off-road due to the softness, but I probably run about 80% on-road/20% off-road so they are pretty annoying to me for the most part.

I'd be interested in hearing what everyone has to say, but I'm primarily interested in those who are still primarily stock. I just put in the Rancho springs in the back, so I have about 2" of lift back there and I gave the torsion bars a few cranks up front for about 1" up there, so if that is close to your setup I'd really be interested to hear what you have.

I appologize if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything in the old posts that really summarized what people are using.

Thanks!
Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 09:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Survey?

Ive had the Rancho RS5000's back when my Pathy was not lifted. They are pretty stiff until the get fairly well broken in, but I like a fairly stiff ride. I really liked the 5ks however. Great set of shocks on and off road. I am now riding on RS9000's (with the TM 4" lift). The 9ks are definitely worth the extra cash if you can afford it. The adjustability is a great feature, and I think the 9ks ride better period, regardless of the adjustment positions. I had TM ssv's after I got my lift put on, good shocks, but Im like you, they are farily soft, and mine wore out pretty quickly. Hope this helps you out.

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]
http://hometown.aol.com/path26/myhomepage/index.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 03:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm currently using Monroe Silver E's in my truck (3 way adj. poly bushings) but My next set will be Bilsteins, my opinion I think they're the best

TONY(HARDBODY)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 05:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ranchos are good, but i dont think they live up to the hype. My 9000s work fine, i have no complaints, but my next set will be Bilsteins if i can afford them.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 06:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have pro-comps right now and I have no complaints, but if you are staying near stock just go woth Monroe Sensatracs they are reasonable and perform well.

<font color=red>Harvenger </font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] 93 Nissan Xcab 4wd V-6 161,000 miles
93 Pathfinder 4wd V-6 70,000 miles
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 09:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm running the 5000s on my almost stock truck and I don't find them too harsh. Then again, it's a truck, not a cadillac. Any way, I'm satisfied with how they ride.

Andy

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 10:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hello Mikhu, I have a set of Hecketthorn Nitro 9000s (about $35.00 each)I got from JC Whitney on my 720. They are a lot better than stock is all I can say for comparison purposes. I never had Ranchos but from everything I read here I think the nitros would be a little softer. My suspension is otherwise stock. You could call Hecketthorn/RC at their 800 no. if you want but I can't remember it right now. They are on the web also.

Its true, "Rust never sleeps."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode