safari rack - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 01:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

safari rack

Just ordered my safari roof rack from Nissan-offroad.com They has a great special going on them if you order before Oct 31st, go check it out! 40x50, 6" high sides, with light tabs front and rear, and a hi-lift mount too. He now has more accessories than before (lockers, and some more arb stuff) and has updated the page a little. The in the works page is worth the look for sure. If you havent seen the page its www.nissan-offroad.com Tell them I sent ya!

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]
http://hometown.aol.com/path26/myhomepage/index.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48-245528-rack1.jpg (95.4 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 03:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: safari rack

Hey at $145 that is almost what I paid for the materials to build mine!!! And I don't even have light tabs or a high-lift mount!

If I didn't already have one I would talk to them about building me a "little" one for the cab of my truck.

<font color=red> Tim</font color=red>
<font color=black>'95 Nissan HB
<font color=green>'87 Range Rover

[email protected]
FAREAST4x4.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 12:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the mention Wade. And that half rack doesn't look to bad!!! I like it! Maybe I coult cut down the dimensions and build them too... Hmmm....
-Todd

Extreme Off-road Equipment
www.nissan-offroad.com
Asst. Nissan Section Editor
www.off-road.com/nissan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 07:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, it is really nice to have the rack, it gets the damn spare out of my bed (31" wouldn't work up under the bed, wouldn't want it there either!)

And when I bob my bed I will have some extra storage space.

The thing that I did was to put 45deg. corners on mine, and I was led to this by the Con-$#%@ rack, which I liked better than the all square "box" rack. It does cut into the overall usability or the rack, but I like the look better.

[email protected]
FAREAST4x4.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 10:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree. No spare should be under the truck. Thats a good way to slice your spare tire. I like the con-ferr design, but like you said it's less effective cause of the corners. Ours are boxed out so you can use ALL of the room up there. And there extremely strong. We tested the new batch with 4 guys standing on them. Not even a bow in the steel! My friends all think I'm making them too strong but it's designed to be abused in the harshest conditions available and needs to stand up to it, laughing. I think I'm gonna make some like yours too, so I should give you partial credit towards a purchase. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll e-mail a coupon when the price of the truck racks are done.
-Todd
www.nissan-offroad.com

Extreme Off-road Equipment
www.nissan-offroad.com
Asst. Nissan Section Editor
www.off-road.com/nissan
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2000, 12:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

COOL!!!! YOU MOST DEFINATELY HAVE MAIL!!!!!!!

Mine is equally strong, My buddy and I stood up on it (only 2 people wil fit on mine). My bi thing is that I want to be able to jack on it if I flop my rig on it's side. As soon as we build the ex-cage for the cab we will be testing it!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (yes I would intentionally roll my truck to test the cage!!!)

[email protected]
FAREAST4x4.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2000, 12:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

No problemo on the mention, happy to support a new Nissan supplier! Gimmie a call at the 336 number sometime over the weekend, and we can discuss me paying for the thing. Really stoked about getting it bolted up. Re-doing my herculiner 2morrow (fun fun), and after I get the rack mounted up, its time to send off the newest pics to fourwheeler, petersens, tsuv, and maybe import tuner for the heck of it.

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]
http://hometown.aol.com/path26/myhomepage/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode