Change to Patrol "going solid" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 07:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Change to Patrol \"going solid\"

Is anybody out there having experience with the Patrol (GR/GQ)2.8 Turbo Diesel ? I have to replace my Pathy for a larger Truck and want to go solid. Now my question is: How long will this Engine last ? I plan a trip down to Marokko next year and don´t want to get stuck in the dessert. So tell me !!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] You´re given only a little spark of madness, you mustn´t loose it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I tried to, but I couldn`t resist. I did it again and again and again and again and.........[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 02:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Change to Patrol \"going solid\"

hello, i am a french king cab owner, the great father of my girlfriend have a patrol 2.8, and he seems to be very happy with. i know there were troubles with the cylinder head on the earlier model, they can be solved by putting an oil radiator.i tried his patrol, and i think there is no enough torque a low rpm. when you change from 1st to 2nd there is a dip in the power curve which makes appear bad noise an vibrations.i didn't do off-road with, i can't tell you how it goes.
finaly it's a good car, if you can put booster kit to get about 150 160 hp it is better.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48-241136-Mvc-00s.JPG (74.9 KB, 9 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2000, 02:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Change to Patrol \"going solid\"

Bonjour Roadwolf,
merci pour l`information. Je pense l`idée de changer mon Terrano pour le Patrol est bonne mais je pense d`additionner un Intercooler est la deuxieme bonne idée !
OK I better stop raping this french language, it´s not my best to speak, better stick to German or to suit all of us English. I think this torque lack in lower rpm´s can be eliminated by adding an intercooler kit and an oil-cooler is also a must for such a car. My only concern is the liability of this 2.8TD, because Europe is the only area where they´ve sold this one. In Australia, Africa etc. it was equipped with an undestroyable 4.2D. But this one has no chance to be registred in Germany because of it´s emissions ("Chief Black Cloud"). The 2.8 was originally made and sold in a passenger car without the turbo. So time will tell... I hope to get a good one in the next few weeks.
Some items to come with it will be Air-Lockers (front&rear) and a 2.5" Trailmaster Suspension Lift (Solid with 4 coils is a dream...).
CU

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] You´re given only a little spark of madness, you mustn´t loose it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I tried to, but I couldn`t resist. I did it again and again and again and.........[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode