Trailmaster 4" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 02:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Trailmaster 4\"

Does anyone have a fix for the "torsion bars hanging below the frame rails" problem associated with the 4" trailmaster kit? I am entertaining ideas of installing coil over shocks to eliminate the tosion bars allthogether. I am not dedicated enough (yet) to go solid. Plus this is my daily driver so I dont want to go too experimental. Has anyone done a coil over shock conversion on a pickup or pathfinder?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 06:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Trailmaster 4\"

Ive got the kit myself, and considered coil overs myself to eliminate the problem of the torison bars. Dont know how this would affect camber/caster with the truck since the front end alignment seems to rely fairly heavily on the amount of preload on the bars. The front end is set up to run with the torisons in place, so I cant figure out how it would all come together with coil-overs. Fabtech would be my choice of company to get the parts from if this was done. I would say after you really look at the cost of fabricating mounts, and getting the coil-overs themselves, your costs might not be worth it when you look at doing a solid axle swap. The axle swap would probably be considerably more expensive if you had it done right by a pro. However, the benefits of a solid front axle are definitely worth the investment in my eyes. Have you lifted your truck already? You might want to look into another type of lift (a-arm lift) and a combination body lift if the torisons are such a concern. Just my thoughts! Sorry for the long post!

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]
http://hometown.aol.com/path26/myhomepage/index.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 10:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

This may sound crazy but works. I saw a d21 w/ the trailmaster kit in town one day, but the torsion bars didn't hang down. Then I noticed they were there, but just hadn't been relocted with the lowering brackets. I tried this on my truck, by removing the brackets and putting the torsion bars in the stock location. The bars were at an angle dwon to the front instead of just hanging down. It looked a lot better and I never had any trouble with them being in that position.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 12:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm not positive, but a coilover set-up will more than likely run you the same amount of $$$$ as doing the live axle swap, or not much less anyway!

"My Drinking Team Has A Rockcrawling Problem"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode