Moog parts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2000, 11:04 PM
mudmonkey

Moog parts

well not to sound dumb but where do you get these parts from ? i have read several people talking about them and was just wondering where to get them . i have all of going to a stright axel after the first of the year but have another buddy who also has a nissan and is not going to go with the stright axel and he might want to know
well thanks in advance

Darryl Myers
[email protected]
88' Pathfinder
Help i'm stuck , Oh wait i fogot i have a nissan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 12:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Moog parts

I got my idler arm from Wrenchead.com for about $60 bucks if I remember right. Most parts places can get Moog parts also. Moog makes a great set of tie rods for us too, from what I understand. I am only running the idler arm currently, but Im going to Moog Tie rods at some point in the near future. The idler arm is MUCH beefier than stock, and Ive found it holds alignment better, and my steering is a little better overall (but thats just my opinion..everyone's truck is a hair different after all).

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]
http://hometown.aol.com/path26/myhomepage/index.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 04:54 PM
mudmonkey

many thanks told mybuddy and he is going to order his stuff in the moring.

Darryl Myers
[email protected]
88' Pathfinder
Help i'm stuck , Oh wait i fogot i have a nissan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

When you order it make sure its not perfect circle or one of moogs parts under a different name. I bought a moog idler arm and it came in a perfect circle box and it was the same as stock!! Spent $60 and it went out 3 months later ugh! But make sure its moog, if it is it will have zirk fitiing and will be much beefier. I said my piece i must go now....

Kevin
<><

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 01:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Moog parts - FYI

Keep your eyes open...!

Moog Automotive
Models: Moog Idler Arm
Number Involved: 95
Dates of Manufacture: July - August 1998
Defect: Aftermarket idler arms for use on 1986 1995 Nissan trucks with 2-wheel drive. A tapered hole in the linkage end is too small in diameter so that the stud in the center link will not install to the correct depth. It would be impossible to install the cotter pin. Without the cotter pin, it is possible that the nut could loosen in service or that the stud in the center link could be damaged during the tightening process. If the arm disconnects at this pivot point, the center link will be allowed to drop out of its proper position, causing disruption to the steering.
Remedy: Moog will replace these idler arms with idler arms from another supplier. Owner notification began Oct. 6, 1998. Owners who do not receive the free replacement idler arms within a reasonable time should contact Moog at 1-314-385-3400. [NHTSA Recall No. 98E032]

NHTSA said manufacturers are required to mail a recall notice to all purchasers, owners and dealers when a safety defect or noncompliance with Federal safety standards is found. The agency urges owners to wait until they receive notification from the manufacturer before contacting their dealers to schedule the repair work. Not all vehicles of a particular make and model may be subject to the recall.

"My Drinking Team Has A Rockcrawling Problem"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode