Header Install....??? - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2000, 06:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Header Install....???

Well Tojo, looks like we could start "The Leaky Loud Exhaust Manifold Club" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Harvenger / Path! Were these the old syle Pace setter's you have with the bunk gaskets or the new design? I'm just wondering if they (PaceSetter) has upgraded their gaskets along with the headers???

Speaking of Gaskets, has anyone tried HKS..?
http://www.alamomotorsports.com/hkshead.htm

"My Drinking Team Has A Rockcrawling Problem"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2000, 07:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds good to me! We could get stickers made and everything! I have no idea whether mine are left over old stock or the new design. I ordered them about two weeks ago from Summit and they shipped them the same day so who knows how long they had them. What do your gaskets look like Chris? A little oven an 1/8" thick and look like heavy cardboard? If so, junk 'em. The nissan ones are metal and something else and look to be much better quality. I'll see if I can get a part number tomorrow.

'95 Pathfinder SE-V6
post #13 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 03:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Chris,
I've got the thorleys on my truck. I have the stock cat and muffler set up. Sounds great runs great. I believe that the thorleys have a much thicker flange so you don't have to worry about leakage as much. However, the shop that put them on did leave a small gap in the crossover pipes where they fit over each other. You would want to make sure that they clamped or welded this spot. Do you have a manual tranny? They say the thorleys won't fit an automatic w/o some modification. Whatever you decide let us know how it turns out.

sb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 04:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've already got the Pace Setter's, just waiting to install and mine is a manual tranny.

Getting back to the gaskets, when you did yours Scott, did you use the metal gaskets or just double-up the paper ones?

Chris wanted thorley's, but couldn't afford them without having to go the sperm / blood banks another 20 times to get enough (USA) money? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

"My Drinking Team Has A Rockcrawling Problem"

post #15 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2000, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Chris, It is aprox. 8:20PM MST as I write this.... I bet you could have visited the sperm bank about 60 times by now!

Ummmm Beer!
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2000, 01:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The locking manifold bolts you guy's are referring to are made by a company called stage 8. I have used them on three of my own engines, and yes they do work. They use a hardened stud that has a groove machined in it, and a D-shaped washer that fits over the hex-shaped portion of the bolt head and is retained with an e-clip. The flat side of the washer butts up against the header primary tube, and prevents the stud from rotating. Not sure what they go for now, but the last set I bought ran about $30.

The Mighty MILDOT

NISSAN IFS SUCKS
post #17 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2000, 11:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine were the graphite looking ones too from pacesetter. Unfortunately we used the pacesetter gaskets on mine (but they were soaked in some solution to make them last longer by the exhaust shop). I was told soaking them in what they had made them hold up better, but I doubt that. I would strongly suggest nissan gaskets, thats what everyone else has said is the best!

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]
http://hometown.aol.com/path26/myhomepage/index.html
post #18 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 11:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not sure on the gaskets Chris. Whatever came with the set is what they used because they didn't charge me for any more. I think the install cost me about $315 US. Love the difference.

sb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode