Combination Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Nissan, All Disscusion of Nissan, Off-Road Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 08:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Combination Lift

Thanks guys!
It looks like a combination 2"body and suspension lift will allow 32's or maybe 33's .Would a narrower tire eliminate
rubbing of the fenders?
And would I have to change the gears in the rear?
I also like the prerunner bumper and skidplate look,anybody have one ? or comments ?
I apoligize if I'm asking questions already addressed before.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Combination Lift

Both the 32 and 33 would fit with even just one of the lifts you propose depending on the type of tire and wheel combination you get.

I know of one guy with a D21 (hardbody) that is running 33x9.50 BFG's on stock suspension with the t-bars cranked all the way up. He had to trim very little if at all. I have a 2 incn suspension lift, and I tried a new 33x10.50 and it fits with that and a little trim as well. I only have the 33x10.50 as a spare for now. I need to either reindex the t-bars since after putting the KMA bumper and winch on I lost an inch of lift, or a body lift. I will probably do both the t-bar and body.

A narrow tire (9.50 or 10.50) would tuck the tire inside of the fender provided you are running close to stock backspace on your rims. I am using 15x8 w/ 4 and 7/8 backspacing and my 31x10.50 slide in real nice inside of the fenders when flexing.

Gears would be nice to change, but not a requirement. Also, if you are running 4WD, you would need to change the front gears as well. It will put aditional strain on the driveline and engine w/ bigger tires. Any serious offroading would also have an increased chance of breaking the front CV axles, depending on your driving style and conditions.

Robert Morawski
[email protected]
ORC Nissan Section Editor

Will Rogers never met Bill Clinton
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 08:33 AM
jpvm

I have "combination lifts" as you say to clear 33x12.5 tires in one case, and 32x11.5 tires in another case:

3" Body lift + 2" Susp. lift = Pathy with 32x11.5 tires = NO RUB, NO TRIMMING [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

3" Body lift + 3" Susp. lift = Hardbody King Cab with 33x12.5 tires = NO RUB, NO TRIMMING [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

This IS Heaven !!!!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

JP[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
<font color=red>'93 4x4 D21 King Cab</font color=red>
<font color=green>'95 4x4 Pathfinder SE-V6</font color=green>
[email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/jpvmlichttotobal/jpvm4x4.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 02:08 PM

>>It looks like a combination 2"body .....

IMHO, since you're going through the body lift pains anyway, why not 3" ??
Same price, same work.

-marker
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2000, 02:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Actually what Rob said is right. A slimmer tire (10.5") will tuck in better and on turning radius be less intrusive into the truck's body. I run 32x10.5 Swampers which measure exactly 32.1" tall on my 93 Pathy with a 2" $20 lift... The article should be up on next month. Going to a 12.5" wide tire will require trimming and depending on the true heighth of the tire may require the body lift. IMHO: Get the trailmaster lift. It's more than a ride height adjustment. When you compress you will be 4" lower than you are now. This is probably coming at ya a little late, I'm sorry. I've been extremely busy with work(s).
Best of luck to ya!!!
-Todd

Get X or get lost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode