Off Roading Forums banner

Desert Runner on Ebay

865 views 6 replies 1 participant last post by  BrettM 
G
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah it's true. Nissan did make it. But I don't know that his numbers are right as far as limited production. I remember seeing a lot of these back in the early 90's. I will admit I don't remember seeing one recently but hey could be right about the amount of them left. Hell I think it's rare to see a standard cab with a V6. I hope someone else knows a little more as I am wondering.
Lator.....

G
#3 ·
Right after I first read this post I've wanted to see one b/c I've never seen one. I was driving downtown and saw a desert runner today. I thought that was ironic. The desert runner looks like a truck they would put out in the early 80's. Was this supposed to be Nissans offroad edition of the Hardbody?

G
#4 ·
Saw another desert runner on the freeway today. I'm guessing Nissan had it as a option package for their 2wd V6 frontiers. Didn't look particularly special though just a Frontier ExtCab with a V6.

JSent

#5 ·
I think it was special when it was on the Hardbody, now it just means 2x4 V6. It's the only way to tell a 4x4 from a 2x4. My guess is that they own the name, and that is just a way for them to break down a model even more.
Lator.....

G
#7 ·
When I got my Hardbody V6 Std E in 1988, it was not uncommon to see these in the show rooms or on the road. It was a limited edition truck. While it used to be something I would routinely see, I haven't seen on in many years. What you see on the truck (paintjob, wheels, bumpers, spare tire in bed, etc.) is exactly how they were made. Go back to 1988 and you'll realize how uncommon it was to see a truck setup with the 'prerunner' look. It cost several thousand more to get one but it was a nice truck. I'd like to get my hands on one...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.