86 Toyota 4x4 running rich - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
New Member Introductions All new members must first post in this section to activate account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 06:25 PM
jarne5

86 Toyota 4x4 running rich

I have some 22RE questions that I'm hoping you can answer. My 86 4x4 originally was a turbo. At some point the turbo was pulled and a regular 22RE with fuel injection engine was dropped in. The truck has run rich since I've had it. It hasn't responded to different mechanic's attempts to get it to lean out. When I spoke with the trucks seller he said it might have the original turbo intake manifold on the 22RE engine, which would mean it has the turbo injectors which will not allow the truck to be tuned to a lean state. He also suggested I check the computer, which I did. It doesn't have the turbo computer, which is good, but the computer is maked a 22R not the 22RE which I expected it.

I still don't know if the computer, wiring, and injectors are what I need to stabilize my cannibalized truck. Any suggestions about checking for a correct computer for the 22RE, injectors and wiring would be greatly appreciated. The 22R computer plugs that are in my truck are color coded yellow and the wiring harness plugs are yellow. Are wiring harnesses and computers color coded in the 86 vintage trucks?

best regards;

Jeff Arneson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode