The Bloody Eagle Has Landed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
New Member Introductions All new members must first post in this section to activate account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

The Bloody Eagle Has Landed

Don't be fooled by my screen name, it has nothing to do with the loopy game either..

In 2012, my wife and I purchased a slight/semi well cared for 08 Jeep Wrangler X, since then we've slowly been adding a part here and an accessory there.. But as of last summer while returning from our 10 day vacation drive from Maryland to Colorado and back (doorless) we hit a bad part of the road while accelerating onto the highways.. Travel nearly 60 mph.. the jeep started shimmy/wobble.. The jeep just had new shocks installed but was never lifted nor does it have larger tires..

Soon after this and several attempts to have the jeep inspected.. no one could offer any suggestion as to what the issue was/is.. Lurking, I found information geared towards replacing the 14mm bolts with Grade 8 9/16th bolt (control arms & tracbar) just on the front.. at least for the time being..

Since Nov.. and with the upgrade bolts along with a new upgrade steering stabilizer.. the Jeep seems to be handling better and we've not experienced any shimmy or wobble.. However this doesn't rule out or actually corrected the issue..

There has been several which have indicated to one degree or another what the issue is or could be.. Yet taking the jeep the 3 shops, they did not find anything wrong.. at one point I had to school them in how to check the ball joints. By no means does this make me an expert and with limited funds.. we did what we could at the time.

Otherwise, I'm on Google+, Reddit and a few other sites including my own blog which I tend to update with anything and everything that peaks my interest. I look forward to seeing and hearing about things you've done to over come your jeep obstacles.

Lastly, Several people have suggested a number of things that I need to do to the jeep.. as a means of repair or upgrade.. But seeing how I have personal limitations which hinder my ability to do these things on my own.. I find that several shops are either avoiding contact with me or attempt to take advantage of the situation.

I appreciate all the advice and support..

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 02-18-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode