3 Willys - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
New Member Introductions All new members must first post in this section to activate account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

3 Willys

Hi,

I am Jim and I admit that I have 3 Willys Overland vehicles and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The first was a 1956 pickup that I restored to original condition.

The second was a 1950 CJ3a that was also returned to original condition except for 11" brakes all around, 12 volt electrical and an electronic distributor.

My 3rd Willys is a 1956 wagon that i have updated almost everything. SBC motor, power brakes, power steering, Scout II Dana 44's front and rear, NP205 transfer case, 700r4 transmission, Holly EFI, 17" rims, etc.

I have done all of the work on all of the vehicles and enjoy driving all of them as often as I can.

I also host get togethers a few times per year.
I host a Willys get together at the Pacific Coast Dream Machine Show Showcase of magnificent machines at Pacific Coast Dream Machines
and I host a get together at our ranch in Oregon during the second weekend in August - Home

Message me if you are interested in either of these events, I will try to keep the events category updated with the specific details of each event.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 03:10 PM

Newb to the forum I have a 1957 Willys Pickup

This truck has been pretty abused and frankensteined so I'm going to do an soa using the stock rear dana 44 as well as a mid 1970's Scout II front dana 44.
The p.o. has installed a 1969 inline six from a camaro or biscayne and as such has eliminated the engine fan and installed an electric one... I have decided to stretch the nose out about 2-3 inches to line it up with the hood and give me enough room to accommodate a regular engine fan..... I am also looking at a sm465 paired with an np205 to accompany the new dana front with disk brakes.
I want to use Cj-7 brake setup or perhaps chevy truck..... any opinions?
I need to know how much modification I need to do to the front dana 44 before I install it for my SOA lift. caster? I read that originally scout ii caster is set to zero and that a negative caster is desirable with an SOA.
I have been inspecting the axle and it appears that it was assembled with two or three spot welds close to the differential.. why does it seem that people insist on grinding away that huge bead down by the brakes when you could just drill out the spot welds? is that possible?
ok....
that's enough for my new guy post... and hopefully I can get a few questions answered about my axle and such...
thanks to all who read
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57 willys front 2.jpg (41.6 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode