RFR 5 seater LS1 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
New Member Introductions All new members must first post in this section to activate account.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

RFR 5 seater LS1

I just bought this RFR 5 seater. I have less then 2 hours driving it around my house and in and out of trailer.
And the rear passside, centerboard hub... breaks off the trailing arm. All 12 bolts stripped out.. bent the rotor broke the caliper in half... ALL BAD
so now its in my garage. and here lyes the problem. The trailing arm on driver side of car is 1" longer then pass side of car?? does anyone know if it is supossed to be like that? I dont think it should. I put a 10` level on the driver and pass side trailing arm plates and driver side points slitelly inwards and pass side is pointing way inwards. in 10` there is a 2 1/2" differance from side to side.
If anyone has any sujestions i would apprecate.
I really dont want to have to make new trailing arms that match if i dont need to.

Before the hub broke off, car seamed to roll straight and was easy to push. but if i put it all back together now the pass side rear would be pointing in towards center front of car. i didnt notice if it was like that before it broke and now i dont have a base line to measure off of. oh did i mention I have to cut and weld on a new centerboard hub bracket. other one bent and snapped when hub broke off

Thanks Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (87.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (93.7 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode