That was a blast! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2000, 10:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That was a blast!

Well, went to my first Mud Bog this past weekend. Fun! Way more than I can write here. It was in a really beautiful location, a farm outside of Springfield, VT on the bank of a river, with mountains in the background. Beautiful sunny day. They had a wet, rutted "pit" for the stock-type vehicles, and a fairly flat one for the mods. I was surprised at how shallow both "pits" were. Those modifieds were wild! A couple guys had to back off because they were about to go over backwards. One guy even went and bounced off the back of his car! They also had a tuff-truck contest, which was pretty neat, though no major damage. A monster truck was there crushing a few cars as well. It was cool checking out all the vehicles, and I got to see a bunch of different tires up-close, which was cool. Definately like the 34 x 9.5 Swampers! Got a whole bunch of pictures. Here's one of the pro-mods launching -

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8-312-mudbog.jpg (37.7 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2000, 08:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: That was a blast!

glad to see you enjoyed your first race!!! i too was hooked after my first one. great picture!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2000, 09:41 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Nice pic! Those 34's kick some major booty! BUT......now that you've seen your first race, you're likely to want to COMPETE! Make sure you can run those in the lowest class before you buy. Some events base the classes mainly on tire sizes & the cutoff is frequently (but not always) 33". If the racing is considered to be "mud drags", then there normally is no height limit since big tires don't necessarily have an advantage in that type of racing.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2000, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I'd love to race, but unfortunately my trail Toy is not going to be competitive because it will have some suspension mods (converted to solid axle, 1.5 - 2 inches forward of stock, traction bar in the rear) that will force me to run in a modified class.

I'll probably still race, just for the fun! And definately will race in the tuff truck contest!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode