Good tread front or rear? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2000, 08:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good tread front or rear?

I got a question for the mud pro's.I justed traded my crappy 31" BFG's for 32"Baja Widetrack's the thing is there is one wrecked so I'm going to buy two new MudKing's[cheapest I could find]and use one Baja for a spare.Earlier today I had a conversation with the tire guy and he claims the new tires would be better on the front for muddin as they would give me more pull.I was just going to put them on the back as this seamed logical to me so I would have more push and get further in 2 wheel drive.I'm pretty sure I'll just throw them on the back but if he is right I will put them on the front as me and my open diffed 130hp truck need all the help I can get.Anybody figure this guy know's what he's talking about?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2000, 08:38 PM
TEX

Re: Good tread front or rear?

<font color=purple>I think I'd put the good ones on the front since those will receive the most wear on pavement. Put the bad ones there & they'll quickly be shot - 'course, then you can get new ones [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. But, if you do a lot of playing in the mud in 2wd, good rears could be beneficial. My truck's so nose heavy that it would probably be best for me to have the good ones up front. With a proper suspension setup, the rears are normally more important to us racers - I just don't have a proper suspension setup [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] - I'm too cheap to address it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img].</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2000, 05:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If these are going on your Toyota I would put the good ones on the rear and the worn ones on the front. I don't think you have enough weight on the front of your truck to make them wear excessively quick. Plus, if they are worn already, you might as well round the worn ones and keep the good ones square on the rear. Plus with the light rearend that you have on that truck you will need all the bite you can get in the mud on the rear.

Just my thoughts.

'96 chevy 3/4 ton, 5.7, 14 bolt, 4.10, 35x12.5x16.5, 6" Superlift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2000, 02:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think I will put them on the rear as I spend alot of time in two wheel drive and would like to eventually grab two more MudKing's as the paychecks allow.I guess the tire guy did know what he was talking about then so his advice will by considered in the future.Thanks for clearing that up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode