building a mud-jeep - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 02:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

building a mud-jeep

ok I have a wrangler with everything stock except a 4" lift and longer shackles. I was wondering what can I do get get it more mud ready. I was thinking of maybe putting a 2" body lift just to squeeze in some 35's even though for some reason I saw another wrangler with just a 4" lift and stock shackles fit 35's. Also I was thinking about a homemade snorkel but Im letting my friend do the install since I cant see myself hacking into the side of my jeep. Down here at the tip of Fl there is nothing but everglades so I have to have this rig setup to be able to keep up with some friends but I still need it as a daily driver. Luckily my friends have the option of having a second truck so I just want to be able to get as far as I can with them. Thanx.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2000, 04:24 PM
TEX

Re: building a mud-jeep

<font color=purple>Well, if you're planning on racing it in competition, make sure you check the rules before you get tires. For example, my local group has a 33" class. Next class up is 36.5". 35's are an "in-betweener" & generally lose. So, you want to watch out for stuff like that. You'll want to do some sort of snorkel or shield to keep mud out of the carb/EFI. An electric fan might not be a bad idea - you can turn it off temporarily in the sloppy stuff. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to building a part-time mud truck. Add a set of Swampers (not Boggers) & you're set to go. Lockers aren't even necessary for competition, although they might come in handy in the Everglades - one in the back anyhow. Keep the weight to a minimum. That'll be a big help.</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2000, 08:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: building a mud-jeep

good answer TEX!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode