10 days 'til racin' season - Who's Ready?! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2000, 02:30 PM
TEX

10 days \'til racin\' season - Who\'s Ready?!

<font color=purple>First race 05/13. Who's racing already? Who's ready? Who's still wrenchin'? </font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2000, 05:49 AM
RolngThun

Re: 10 days \'til racin\' season - Who\'s Ready?!

I have until the 21st. Once i get past this last tire in the next couple of days, I will have just minor wrenching to do. I have to add a couple of things to meet the rules in Wisconsin, where I'm going for the first race.
I'm fired up to try out the new bigger engine and tires.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2000, 08:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, now TEX, You know i'm still wrenchin!!! the way things are going around here, it's liable to take a miracle to make the July race with the mongoose. But the PONY will be there with his pit crew from last year!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2000, 09:56 PM
mudracer

Had the first race last weekend. Sure felt good to be back in the truck and pulled back in the seat! This weekend is the first race in the local points series. I'll be wrenchin a little on Saturday though.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'84 K20 driver
<font color=orange>'79 K10 mud racer</font color=orange>
'48 CJ-2A trail Jeep
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2000, 10:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tex,
Haven't got a schedule from MMOR yet can you get me one and send it my way? As far as being race ready, still haven't got my tranny fixed from last year but I will be ready for O'FALLON!!!!!!!!!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2000, 08:48 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>First MMOR run is next Saturday (05/13) in Washington, then the next one is 06/10/00 in Marthasville, then nothing 'til September unless they book something else. I hired MMOR to work the G.U.M.B.O. race though, so there should be a better turnout of their trucks than we had in St. Charles last year. Here's their web site so you can check the schedule:

Mid-Missouri Off-Roaders

</font color=purple>
TEX

http://G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2000, 03:09 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Well, I ended up third (out of 45), but probably should have taken at least second. Couldn't get the shifter past "Drive", so ran the pit in third. Cost me a lot of time. Still sat in first for a long, long time until a couple of guys beat that. The guy who took second wasn't nearly far enough ahead to beat me if I'd run right. The guy who won probably would have anyway with his late draw. REALLY slow day in Washington. I left at 10:30 p.m. when Class 5 was just starting. The race was supposed to start at 1, but was late & everything went REALLY slow. </font color=purple>

TEX

G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 05:42 AM
RolngThun

What kind of shifter do you use?
Was that a drag or a bog?
Third out 45 entries is very respectable. Nothing like the first race of the year to find any bugs in the truck.
This weekend is my first of the year, in Green Bay. With an all new combination it should be quite the learning experience.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 10:21 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>I have a B&M ratchet type "truck" shifter. Working fine now. I think I just should have "triggered" it, put it back in "park", and started over. But, sometimes you get flustered on the line [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]. It was a bog type event - made a full run in 13.90. More than 1/2 of the class got dragged back out the way they went in. First place was around 17 seconds prior to my run, so I could have really blown that out of the water if I'd been in the proper gear (the winner went 8.90 - last run in the class & a good runner). For drag tracks, I ususally just put it in Drive anyway, so it wouldn't have hurt me as bad if it hadn't been that deep. I probably lost the most time (by being in 3rd gear) in the middle part of the pit where it was thicker.</font color=purple>

TEX

G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2000, 11:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Congrats!!! tex!! did you make it to springfield?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode