Mudracer and others - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2000, 07:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mudracer and others

Just curious if you were going to the Lima, Ohio jamboree this year,, May 19,20 and 21. We are going,,, entering in the mud, burnout competition, and truck tug-o-war. Otta be a blast!!

I miss the chatsite we had on 4wheelers site.

Tex, if you read this your July 4 event sounds tempting,,, I am very close to Columbus, Ohio. I figure about a 10 hour journey. I will ask my brother about it. Provided we can both get of work the day before and after.

We took my brothers truck to the 1/4 mile racetrack again. He ran a 13.40 on his first run (he said he got light headed and let off of it before the end, and he was right, we looked at his time slip and he was at 80mph at the 1/8 mile and finish at only 89mph). Second run was a 13.53,,, right slick got a hole in it!! Still not bad for a beat up 81 GMC 1ton 4x4 on all throttle and no bottle!!!

See ya guys,,,, RedDog

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2000, 01:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Mudracer and others

My club will be there doing the normal stuff we always do, tech, mud pit work and everything else we do. I have to attend a meeting for the club in southern Indidna. We belong to Indiana Four-Wheel Drive Association. I'm our delegate and have to attend. We're usually too busy to even see the show, let alone compete.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2000, 11:44 PM
mudracer

Hey RedDog!

Slicks?? One ton 4x4?? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Cool. I live closer to a drag strip than to the local mud drag spot, so I've always thought it'd be cool to try it.

I miss the Fourwheeler chat site too. Thanks, Petersen. Let's see, they bought Fourwheeler, the chat site and bulletin boards went down, the 4xFunFests ended, the new Fullsize 4x4 magazine was stopped.... Petersen is doing great things! Not!

Anyway, now that I have that off my chest, I not sure if we'll be going to Lima. We're thinking about taking the Jeep to the Badlands that weekend, but my wife's sister lives near Lima and she'd like to visit, so it's a possibility. Besides, I'm not all that excited about the Jambos this year since they aren't going to check vacuum anymore and they dropped the Jambos in Princeton and Bloomington. That leaves Indy, which I will go to since it's only two hours away and it's kind of a tradition. Maybe we'll catch ya on July 4 if we don't go to Lima. Hmmm, I do have a pair of tires for the burnout competition...

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'84 K20 driver
<font color=orange>'79 K10 mud racer</font color=orange>
'48 CJ-2A trail Jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 11:22 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>I'll have to find out if any of our locals will be headed to Lima this year. I'll let you know who to be on the lookout for if they're going. Hope to see y'all on Independence Day!!! </font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode