building a mud truck - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2000, 08:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: building a mud truck

First off, HEy Tex!!!! doesn't look like we are going to have the track this year. hate to get a track started and then lose it. you know how that goes don't you!

Bigchevy, we race in Central Arkansas and Tex has seen one of our pits that we use. We have seen several 60 fronts break under the stress of big boggers and swampers. Boggers are worse than the swampers but both put a lot of stress on front ends in "deep" (4 foot) mud.

On my d-50, i'm running a 340 with "x" heads and 727 auto with 205 transfer case. In the back i have a 9 in with 5:13 and spool turning 35 boggers. In front i have 44 with 4:88's and the 34-9.50 that were mentioned earlier. i run these fronts on a full size truck before i tore it apart and it worked pretty good. i run the drags.

tex was right about the rules. don't build one for one specific set of rules. try to build it to fit as many rules as you can. it gives you more flexabilty!!

Hickory Plains Mudway, Inc.
http://www.expage.com/page/hickoryplainsmudway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2000, 08:52 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>Man, that sucks about y'all losing the track after all the work you put into it last season.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] And to reiterate what Mongoose is saying, they build some really NASTY red-clay pits down South. I can certainly see why parts breakage would be a concern!</font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #13 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2000, 12:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

try to build it where you can run every where that is close to you.4-link is frowned upon alot of places unless it is in a 1200 h.p. rail job , high stall good mud dragging, t-brakes baaaaaaaad in a pit, what state are you in?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2000, 08:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

glad to see you made it jeff!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode