Engine Software - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Mud Racing - Monster Trucks Discussion of closed course mud racing and Monster Trucks, all aspects.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2000, 08:25 AM
mudracer

Engine Software

A friend used to have Keith Black KB Dyno software. It was handy for estimating HP and torque, and trying different combos before you buy. This friend has since passed away. I searched the net for the software and found it www.joneshp.com. They claim to be selling the remaining stock of this software for only $14.95. I sent a money order back in October and have not received the software. I tried calling, and all I get is a message like this is out of someones' house. No responses to e-mails either. The point is, don't be a sucker like I was. The principle ticks me off, but I really don't care about the $15, I really just want a copy of the software! Has anyone had any experience with this company? Does anyone have a copy? I'd be glad to pay for it. I haven't tried others like Desktop Dyno because they appear to be 1/4 mile racing based and require you to input a lot of info that doesn't apply to mud racing. KB Dyno is engine-based, not vehicle-based, so it is very handy for any type of racing or performance use.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'84 K20 driver
<font color=orange>'79 K10 mud racer</font color=orange>
'48 CJ-2A trail Jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2000, 06:59 PM
RolngThun

Re: Engine Software

I have the Desktop Dyno and it is soley engine based. I can't say how accurate it is. There is better ones out there, but they cost from 100 to 600 bucks. I believe it is Jegs that has a selection.
You are right about one thing, it is hard to get info on mud dragging. I don't care if it is converters, cams, springs or shocks. Anything. Most people only know drag racing or circle track. Even the guys at Power Pro and the others that deal with mud drags have experience with 2000 horse,alky burning, blown, monster engines in rails. Not much help for a guy starting out in stock class.
Or even local super stock classes.
I hope this board will be of help for that. It is interesting to see how the things we have learned up here to work are the same as other guys have learned in other places. Like tire combos for an example.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2000, 07:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Speaking of PowerPro!!

Has anyone ever been able to get them to return thier call or actually answer the phone?
I havent.
David

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2000, 12:37 PM
mudracer

I'll check Desktop Dyno out. I was going by the guy at the local speed shop. He said it wouldn't be much help to a mud dragger. He's usually reliable, but may not know software.

I find the same thing. "You race in MUD?" Sometimes they think you're talking about truck pulling. The situation is not all bad though. It has forced me to get more creative and engineer my own parts/combos/setups, which is part of the fun. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] As far as converters, GER speaks mud. Let me know if you want their number.

It is cool to see what different people are using. I've been to going to more races, farther away and you see a lot of variations. What kinds of tire combos do you guys run up there in a altered stock or super stock type class? In IL, it's 38 x 11 boggers as a rule where the rules allow the height. I run 34 x 9.5 swampers on front, 33 x 14.5 boggers rear. Most places limit tires to 35 or 36 for the altered stock type classes. Anyone using baja claws yet?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'84 K20 driver
<font color=orange>'79 K10 mud racer</font color=orange>
'48 CJ-2A trail Jeep
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2000, 09:17 PM
RolngThun

I have run GER before, as well as B M and TCI. Now I'm lucky enough to have a local guy building converters who does a fantastic job. It is nice to be able to get him out to the track and show him what you are doing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode